Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
5,401 Posts
the Kronik for the price isn't bad....
the Toxik is extremely top heavy falling forward and check to make sure you will have clearance if shooting a cock feather up rest..more than likely you will hit the cables, especially if shooting blazers
the Kryptic is pretty nice bow, basically a split limb black ice....no real savings in price for it being a redhead brand

· Registered
28 Posts
I shot many bows at Bass Pro before i bought my Kronik. For how I shoot (first bow) i could not tell the difference b/t the Kronik and Martin firecat. To me it felt better than the Bear and PSE that were about the same price (mid $400.00-$500.00). Plus the Kronik was on sale and I got 10% off with my Bass Pro card.(only reason i shopped at a chain store) Trust me i'm no expert, but i'm shooting 4 inch groups at 35 yards with it after a change of sights...im sure a good archer could do much better with it. The only downside is the odd looks from buddies and when I went to the local shop to buy broadheads and a new sight b/c its not a name brand. The local shop sells bowtech so they supported my choice after they realized it is made by bowtech. They were even curious about it when i took in two arrows to have the nocks replaced after two very close shots

· Registered
435 Posts
I agree deerslayer... I love mine

· Lowered expectations
20,220 Posts
I kind of prefer the Toxik of all the BP bows. I don't find it top heavy. I work at a BP - we have 3 staff members (Well, 2 actually. One guy got fired last month :eek:) who own these bows and they love them.

While it does look like you might have cable/vane clearance problems, of the staff members and customers who have bought that bow, nobody has complained about it to me.

Very nice, easy draw. Not a speed bow, but a nice, well-built quiet hunting bow.

G

·
I bought the Kronik last year as my first bow.I changed rest to a WB and put on a Meta peep (G5).I adjusted the cock vane to cure clearance issues w/ Blazers.For all I know it shoots great.4" groups @ 40yds.Not the fastest or the quietest,But a sweet little bow when your wife has you on a budget!!!

· Registered
921 Posts
i just got off work at 730 we were slammed today. the season is upon us. I setup and tuned 3 toxics just today all with QADs perfect holes with in 2-3 shots thru paper. yes there is some clearance issues but throw a new slide on and its gone I shot this bow for awhile and we sell the toxic the most out of all to the people that want a great bow but not the price.

the kronik is ok not a fan of the hostage rest but its smooth and quite dont plan to see much speed out of it but its a great short ata hunting bow

· Registered
88 Posts
I shot a toxik last year and loved it. It is probably the quietest bow I have ever shot. I am trying to sell it now though because I got a great deal on a new quest XPB. If anyone is interested let me know.

· US ARMY
963 Posts
kriptic

I shoot a 2008 kriptic and I love it. Shoots great very little hand shock. Yes it is made by diamond. The Toxic is a great bow also.

· Registered
2,016 Posts
The Kryptic is a good bow...should have bought one at that 40% off employee discount when my wife worked there lol. Haven't shot the other two but Kryptic is a good shooter.

· US ARMY
963 Posts
toxic

If anyone is interested there is a toxic in the classifieds now

· Registered
7 Posts
Been shooting a Kronik for about 4 months now. Great little bow for the money; fast, accurate, quiet, shooting 288fps through a local archery shop's chronograph. With Muzzy 3-blade 100gr I plan on putting some fresh venison on the table with it this year.

· Registered
5 Posts
Diamond Toxik

I just recently purchased a 2008 Toxik, compared to a few other higher end bows i've shot this one is a good deal for the price. Smooth draw, and good let off. Havent checked how fast it's shootin but it aint slow, thats for shure. The only problem I had was with the "professional" at Bass Pro that set up my bow. Boy was he off, I'm a 28" draw length and he tried to convince me that I was a 25" draw. It took a manager with a tape measure to convince this guy that I was telling the truth. They had to reset the bow and for the hassle gave me a new box of carbon fury arrows(not to mention they were cut too short the first time) Besides that I am very pleased. You cant help people for thinking they know what they're doing when they really dont. Check this bow out, I think you'll be suprised.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.