Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Bass Pro Shop today and was going to get some grimreapers, but they had the gators on sale for $19.99...I couldnt pass it up for the price I had to give them a try, it will work out good if they work, saving money is always good.

Did I mess up? After getting home I read 53 reviews on bass pro shop site and the overall rating is 4.9, they have to work pretty well I imagine?

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the Gators. They are very well made and hit where my field points hit out to 50 yards. You will get the same results with them that you would get with the Rage 2 blade.

·
Registered
37,088 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the Gators. They are very well made and hit where my field points hit out to 50 yards. You will get the same results with them that you would get with the Rage 2 blade.
Thats not sweetening the deal.....I was hoping they were better than the rages....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will give my verdict in a few days, looking forward to seeing what they can do. They seem very well made at first glance.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thats not sweetening the deal.....I was hoping they were better than the rages....
im pretty sure, judging by the reviews, they have got to be better than the Rages. have u ever seen reviews where rages had 1 bad review out of over 50? i surely havent haha. i picked up and pack of these a few weeks ago (of course i get them before they go on sale) but season hasnt started yet here so dunno how they work. ill have them and grip reaps in my quiver this season

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've shot several turkeys with the Rocky gators, they work awesome on the birds. I shot one deer with one, I was shooting high poundage & a heavy arrow, it did it's job as well as any head I have shot! I wonder who makes them for Bass pro.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Fyi to all you rocky mtn gator fans, the old rocky mtn gator replacement blades will work with the new bass pro gators. The only down fall I found with the bass pro gators is the blades I had where fairly dull and almost impossible to sharpen so I had 5 packs of replacement places for the rocky mtns laying around and tried them this year that are razor sharp and they worked flawlessly on a few deer this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts