Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just seen in the may/june that g5 redisined the tekans with a seratated leading edge to help open the blades better, better o rinds and wider head and overall cut. and the heads will now be black. has anyone got there hands on these at the shows or anything? if so is it a yeh or stay away?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Yeah I played with them all weekend. The new name is the Tekan (dropping the II).
The cut was increased to 1.5 inches and the point thickness was reduced slightly for better penetration. There are small serrations on the very front of the blades in order to facilitate deployment and they are black.

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
Do these cut on impact like the Rages do?

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Unfortunately for us Missouri folks, unless they changed the head to allow the blades to fold forward they will still be illegal "barbed" heads and we can't use them or deer or turkey.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I wonder if those kill as good as they look! Sweet looking broadhead. I bet those won't be cheap.
If I remember correctly, they are going to be about the same price as the Tekan II. They aren't out on the market yet, but should be shortly.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I guess they had to do something to make the new ones i bought last year obsolete:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts