Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may not be necessary however, is it recommended to reduce the poundage of your bow limbs in an effort to eliminate some stress on strings and any other components? This would be during the off season...if you have one...or if you rotate bows from one season to the next.

I appreciate any one's feedback regarding this matter. Thank you.

·
Registered
18,300 Posts
Almost 50 years of shooting a compound & have never backed of a bow yet & was a bow MFG. for
about 30 of those years.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was hoping to hear because I have never done so in my only 14 years of experience. I wondered though if I had been missing an important point all this time.

I saw it on-line and it got me to thinking. Thanks.

·
pro deer watcher
2,336 Posts
My bow has no off season. And no you don't need to back them off. Now a recurve or longbow yes always un string the bow when done

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This always happens to me this time of year as the hunting season is gradually coming to a close here. Just about another 3 weeks. I tend to over think things.

Deep breath...in with the good......out with the bad. Relax......Thanks.

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
No i dont change my DW. For 1. i dont want to re-tune or sight in again and, 2. I shoot a DW that i can pull easily all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I don't think it can hurt to turn them down, but not necessary either. If you're concerned about tune or returning it to previous, just turn it down an even number of turns and put a note on the bow or in the case so you remember how many turns to crank it back up when you blow the dust off of it next year. I crank down the sentimental bows I keep, but don't shoot.

·
Registered
18,300 Posts
If you relax the weight & will need to recheck the tune when you restore it to the original weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts