Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked and adjusted everything (idler lean, spin tested points, checked clearance, drop timing, adjusted rest, adjusted nocking point, walk back tuned, etc) and could not get my 27" GT 7595 arrows with 100 gr points to BH tune from my 73 lb 07 Ross Cardiac with a 27" draw. Every arrow chart says this should be an ideal match. After wasting more of my life than I should have trying to tune BHs, I have determined that my spine is too weak.

I have a few 29" 300 Bemans that I had gotten to shoot bullheads and they tuned perfectly with 100 gr heads. Wish I had tried them earlier :embara:. According to OT2, which I also wished I had tried earlier, these arrows should be perfect if I use the extra hard cam rather than the hard cam. Using this setting, OT2 says that my original arrows should spine about perfect with 125 gr heads if I lower the poundage to 65 lbs.

I know that ATA is set while at maximum poundage. If the poundage is dropped back to 65 lbs should the cam timing be adjusted for proper rotation at the lower poundage?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. Two main reasons really. First, I never could get BHs to fly well and they always impacted to the right of field points. Second, the 300 spine 29" arrow with the same 100 gr heads tuned quickly. I used the 1 cam extra hard cam setting on OT2 which more closely matched my results. I have just started messing with the program so I hope I'm not way off base. I also added 1.75" to the draw length to get the AMO draw length that the program uses. If I am using the program correctly I should be able to get my 7595 shafts to tune well if I drop my poundage down to 65 - 67.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
+1.75" is correct.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the poundage is dropped back to 65 lbs should the cam timing be adjusted for proper rotation at the lower poundage? Anybody?

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
I always check everything anytime I make a change.
However, if everything is equal and the limb bolts are backed out the same amount the cam relationship should remain equal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts