Archery Talk Forum banner

Reezen 6.5 or DXT

946 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  MHansel
My wife currently is shooting a DXT, but is a little uncomfortable with the short ATA. She wants to sell it and get a newer, longer ATA, and faster bow. Do you mathews freaks think its that much of a difference?

Please leave it just with these 2 bows as they are the only ones that fit her DL(24")
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
In my opinion the reezen would be a great bow for a women. The ata is longer than the dxt, it is also alot faster. So for someone with a short draw length and shooting light poundage she could still acheive very respectable speeds. I am going to by my wife a reezen 7.

· Registered
199 Posts
The Reezen's riser is long and it gives it the feel of a longer ATA bow. I held it up against my Bowtech Pro 40, which has a 37.5" ATA, today and the Reezen riser was about 3" longer. The parallel limbs give it a nice feel. It holds very nice. I should be getting my 6.5 in a couple of weeks. :)

· Banned
32 Posts
The Reezen's riser is long and it gives it the feel of a longer ATA bow. I held it up against my Bowtech Pro 40, which has a 37.5" ATA, today and the Reezen riser was about 3" longer. The parallel limbs give it a nice feel. It holds very nice. I should be getting my 6.5 in a couple of weeks. :)
grow a pair and get a monster xlr

· Registered
906 Posts
I already own DXT I like it with my short draw length of 27" including D-loop this is one sweet shooting bow set at 65 lbs. I ordered the Reezen 6.5 @ 60 lbs. last week will use it for my 3D and hunting bow. Maybe my DXT will be my back-up bow will see when I get it and shoot it alot..either one is a great bow..

· Registered
199 Posts

· Registered
19,079 Posts
In my hands the reezen 6.5 will out shoot the DXT all day long. I have a 30" draw thou and appreciate the little longer ata. I agree with what was stated above that the Reezen holds like a bow that is much longer.

· Registered
9,514 Posts
She needs to pick which one she feel's best with, I spent many hour's at the local shop shooting the Reezen 6.5, and the DXT, and after 3 weeks of going back, and fourth to the shop I walked out with a DXT. I felt it shot better for me than the Reezen, easier to draw, more vibration than I'd care for, and it seemed top heavy to me. So there where multiple things that I didn't like about the Reezen, but this is just my take on it:embara:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.