Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was reluctant to start this thread but I need to figure something out with my bow.

I have a 60lb max Reezen 6.5. 28.5in DL.

It was shooting very good, grouping well to forty yards with Fatboy 500s.

Then all of a sudden I can't group with it. I switched to some 30x Ultra Lites last night and out of four arrows one was always high. Except it wasn't the same arrow.

I tried my Fatboys again and at twenty yards I'd have a group, then the next arrow would be out.

I have a limbdriver on the bow for a rest and that seems to be working fine.

The string suppressors looked pretty chewed up but I don't know if that would affect up and down.

The cam seems to move some laterally, but it twists the limb as a whole when it does this. Its not a big movement but it doesn't seem like it should do this.

Those are the things I have on my mind that it could be.

Has anyone had any issues similar to this?

I really like the bow and I'd like to shoot it for state 3d but not if I can't group with it!!

Thanks.

PS-If you want to bash this bow, go somewhere else and do it. I need HELP not some smart alleck comment on the bow.

Thanks again.

· Registered
737 Posts
It is possible that the string has stetched into place from out of the box. Thus causing your ATA and cam position to be off. Check the specs on your bow and see if it needs to be adjusted. I would guess with the limited info provided, that your cam is off.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well guys I'd like to think its me, but its not.

I switched bows and shot both sets of arrows and I could shoot them fine to forty yards.

thanks though.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is possible that the string has stetched into place from out of the box. Thus causing your ATA and cam position to be off. Check the specs on your bow and see if it needs to be adjusted. I would guess with the limited info provided, that your cam is off.
I didn't check the ATA but the cam is in time.

· Registered
55,396 Posts
Well guys I'd like to think its me, but its not.

I switched bows and shot both sets of arrows and I could shoot them fine to forty yards.

thanks though.
Switching bows says nothing unless they are exactly the same bow set up the exact same way.
If the bow were off then ALL the arrows would be off not one out off each set you shoot, think about it. It's you. Of course like most people that comes into the shop it's always the equipment never them------ya right, 99% of the time it's the shooter LOL. ;)

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Switching bows says nothing unless they are exactly the same bow set up the exact same way.
If the bow were off then ALL the arrows would be off not one out off each set you shoot, think about it. It's you. Of course like most people that comes into the shop it's always the equipment never them------ya right, 99% of the time it's the shooter LOL. ;)
I shoot with a hinge, am a very good shooter and don't have target panic. The last two times I've tried shooting with the bow its been happening.

Thanks, but like I said its not me.

I'd like to think it is, it'd be easier to fix, but something is a miss here.

· Registered
2,106 Posts
#1-cam position dont mean squat ( i have taken 32 & 31.5 apex cams and rolled one around and had the draw exactly the same and they shot great except for let off which is what i wanted to play with).#2-if the ATA was off or the dram length was off a lil bit you would have left/right issues.If you are positive it is not you flinching or some other form of TP then i would pull the bow down,take out the cam and test the bearings.If you are not sure how to test each bearing pm me and i will describe. Also make sure you are not getting fletch interference or having a fall away not ALWAYS fall away.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Well generally speaking Id agree with you Dale_B1 and with the majority of guys that is just what it is, but not this time;)! Xswanted is a very competent shooter so I think he may be right! He just cleaned up on the indoor 3D range with the Reezen a little over a week ago shooting a perfect 400 score!! Only second time its been done at the local club! Something tells me its not all in his shooting, since he has shot this bow well, and still shooting the others well. Not buying the target panic thing either since he shoots a back tension release the way it is supposed to be shot. Anybody have any ideas??

· Registered
1,105 Posts
I had the same problem with my Admiral. With GT 30X's they wouldnt group for me at all at 20 yards, I switched to some X7 2613's and they flew like darts. Try some differnt arrows and see what works for you.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
#1-cam position dont mean squat ( i have taken 32 & 31.5 apex cams and rolled one around and had the draw exactly the same and they shot great except for let off which is what i wanted to play with).#2-if the ATA was off or the dram length was off a lil bit you would have left/right issues.If you are positive it is not you flinching or some other form of TP then i would pull the bow down,take out the cam and test the bearings.If you are not sure how to test each bearing pm me and i will describe. Also make sure you are not getting fletch interference or having a fall away not ALWAYS fall away.
Tuesday night is when this started, and my limbdriver had lost some tension or bound up. the arrow wasn't lifting up all the way or it wasn't getting out of the way fast enough. Somehow the cord was wrapped around the rest. I can't believe I didn't catch that when I set it up but it was wrong!

I haven't checked for vane clearance issues. I'll do that as well.

That may be the case. I suppose inconsistent hand torque could cause one or two arrows an end to hit the cables and fly funny.

Thanks

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Not an arrow issue either:smile:. He was grouping and having no problems with his current ones and than all of a sudden bam?? Check that cam! Wonder if you dont have a bad bushing or bearing?

I had the same problem with my Admiral. With GT 30X's they wouldnt group for me at all at 20 yards, I switched to some X7 2613's and they flew like darts. Try some differnt arrows and see what works for you.

· Registered
2,106 Posts
Tuesday night is when this started, and my limbdriver had lost some tension or bound up. the arrow wasn't lifting up all the way or it wasn't getting out of the way fast enough. Somehow the cord was wrapped around the rest. I can't believe I didn't catch that when I set it up but it was wrong!

I haven't checked for vane clearance issues. I'll do that as well.

That may be the case. I suppose inconsistent hand torque could cause one or two arrows an end to hit the cables and fly funny.

Thanks
I would pull that rest off and put on a solid one JUST FOR A TEST! i am not bashing the rest.It would take a tremendous amount of torque to accomplish hitting with the vane and that would cause L/R not high.The bearing issue is also a possibility.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nock pinch? sight or rest loose or moving, fletching contact? IDK, just thinking out loud. (don't completely rule out the "Indian")
Good ideas. I checked the sight it turned out okay.

Like I said in a different post, the rest did malfunction on Tuesday but I believe is was because of user error! I had the cord wrapped around the darn lifter and it eventually lost tension.

I fixed this and it helped some but I think, based on some ideas here, that I am having some clearance issues or rest problems.

I haven't completely ruled out its me, but the shots felt good and I was missing, quite bad on a few, and it just doesn't add up. Not that bad of miss anyway!

Thank you!

· Hoyt Shooting Staff
850 Posts
bow torgue

the bow is prone to torgue. buddy of mine has the same problem with his. he is changing the grip out and hopefully it helps. Try that if you can.

· Registered
279 Posts
sounds like the arrows are a diffrent wheight also they have an issue with the rubber supresors that are to soft might have to adj for the gt

· Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,529 Posts
reezen issue

I had a somewhat similar issue....Great group after great group, then straight right misses. Different arrows, sometimes one, sometimes a few. I found that I was "creaping", particularly once fatigue became a factor. The Reezen has a somewhat "squishy" wall, and it is easy to creep if you don't pay attention and use the exact same sequence every time. I just make sure I draw hard in to the wall prior to starting my release. Presto, no more inconsitancies....well, at least none that I can blame on anything but me....:p

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Yeah, I'd check these specs also.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.