Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a reezen & when i push up on the bottom cam it makes a snap noise! It sounds like it is coming from the limb pocket!? Also when i draw about halfway back it makes a faint pop noise! My dxt did the same crap! Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing is loose! The popping noise when i draw is either coming from the roller guard or the cam! I was thinking the pop noise was a rollover on the cam

·
Born To Hunt
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I hope you can get it fixed , I had a Drenalin and a Reezen and both of them popped like that. On the Reezen they tried sanding the QCC`s, putting washers behind them , new idler wheel and axle, new roller cable guide and still no fix. Mathews sent me a new bow and I sold it and bought a Drenalin and it started popping the same way! Enough said, I got rid of it and am no longer shooting a Mathews!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Its the QCC's, just sand them down and put some powdered graphite on the insides, re-tune and you'll be good to go. Even with the QCC's correct if your bow is out of tune it will still pop.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My Reezen 7 bottom cam made the same sound, so me and bow pay a visit to my local Mathew's dealer. QCC sanded, still making the pop sound so after closer inspection, the cam had a bad bearing. Dealer called Mathews and within a week, there's a new bottom cam on my Reezen and no more popping noise. I love my Reezen, great bow, don't give up on it just yet. Hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
480 Posts
My Reezen 7 bottom cam made the same sound, so me and bow pay a visit to my local Mathew's dealer. QCC sanded, still making the pop sound so after closer inspection, the cam had a bad bearing. Dealer called Mathews and within a week, there's a new bottom cam on my Reezen and no more popping noise. I love my Reezen, great bow, don't give up on it just yet. Hope this helps.:)
I agree, my Dren did the same thing and it had a bad cam bearing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts