Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fathernlaw just purchased a Reezen 6.5, It was supost to be a 28.5in 60lb.
When he gets it the limb reads 28/60 but the cam reads 6.5-27, 7-27.5 he has a 28.5in draw on his Katera and the arrows he uses for it end up at the same place on Reezen riser just as the Katera riser, when drawn back with same rest, release, loop, etc. He says the Reezen feels like it is at 28.5in just like his other bow. I assume it means if the cam is on a 6.5 Reezen it's 27in draw and If it's on a 7.0 Reezen it's 27.5in draw? but It's fitting him just like a 28.in draw? Anyway long story short Reezen 6.5 reads 28/60 on bottom limb but the cam reads 6.5-27, 7.0-27.5 and it's drawing like it's set at 28.5 like advertised? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My fathernlaw just purchased a Reezen 6.5, It was supost to be a 28.5in 60lb.
When he gets it the limb reads 28/60 but the cam reads 6.5-27, 7-27.5 he has a 28.5in draw on his Katera and the arrows he uses for it end up at the same place on Reezen riser just as the Katera riser, when drawn back with same rest, release, loop, etc. He says the Reezen feels like it is at 28.5in just like his other bow. I assume it means if the cam is on a 6.5 Reezen it's 27in draw and If it's on a 7.0 Reezen it's 27.5in draw? but It's fitting him just like a 28.in draw? Anyway long story short Reezen 6.5 reads 28/60 on bottom limb but the cam reads 6.5-27, 7.0-27.5 and it's drawing like it's set at 28.5 like advertised? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Sorry, fixn a typo, I meant to type (but it's fitting him like just like a 28.5in draw?) not 28in

·
Hunt Now-Not Later
3,310 Posts
cam?

yeah happens all the time, shipped as one legnth and that was what is on the limbs, however the cams are swapped out regularly to change the draw legnth, thankfully the draw fits even when it is different than what you had thought, and also the reezen does seem to run a little long in the draw.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Soulds like the cam has been changed from a 28'' to a 27''. The DL on the reezens do run about 1/2 '' long. Did he buy it new or used, If new I would take it back to the shop and ask whats up with it. Or if it fits him and it feels good to him just shoot it as is. JMO

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He purchased it off ebay as excellent conditon, but it is New, not a mark on it not even where sights and rest would of been installed. There is still a sticker wrapped around the string that has never been tampered with, I mean it has defintaly never been set up, looks like it just left the factory, hes decided to keep cause it does fit him, it was just wierd how none of the numbers jived. Who knows what went on coming from ebay I guess.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
They get switched around at shops all the time My bows limbs say 30" draw but it is a 29 because they switched the limbs from the shop because I did not want black limbs so that is probably what happened on this one if it fits him he should be happy with it they are great bows and tuned properly are real tack drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts