Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a new 6.5 reezon in august. my last post was august 14
when i was sighting the bow in the cable came off and cut the bottom
cam almost in half. I was told it was probably due to the tech. who put it on the rack to install my peep twisting the cable or who knows what he did?

stuck with the bow, mathews assured me this was
out of the ordinary and replaced the cam and cable. Shot today for the third time since i took it home, drew back the third arrow of the day and the top limb snaped completly off just above the main frame, (riser, just past the limb bolt).

Am I jinxed or is there a problem with the new Reezons. The bow is fast and accurate but I personally have had nothing but problems. Does anybody else have a Problem like I have, and do i take a new reezon out of the box or take a loss and move to a different brand? Looking for advise from someone who knows!!!

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
I would say the dillweed at your shop jacked up your bow twice once with the cam then once when he pressed your bow for the new cable and cam. Its not a reezen problem its a your shop is incompetent problem. Find a new shop

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I would bet money that it was pressed wrong. I havent seen any problems with the Reazons at the shop I go to, and I'm there alot. I would suggest you find a new shop to go to.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I would not go as far as saying that all of the Reezen bows are having troubles. Maybe the bow had a defect right from the start that no one was really able to catch. I'm sure quality control has missed things as well(all the manufacturers, not just Mathews).
I'd call up Mathews and let them know what has been happening and what you have done up to this far.
I would NOT take a loss on the bow. I'd mention the possibility of switching it out for a different one. You should not be penalized for buying a product that has a lifetime warranty.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
sounds like you have a reezen to get rid of it....

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
just bought a new 6.5 reezon in august. my last post was august 14
when i was sighting the bow in the cable came off and cut the bottom
cam almost in half. I was told it was probably due to the tech. who put it on the rack to install my peep twisting the cable or who knows what he did?

stuck with the bow, mathews assured me this was
out of the ordinary and replaced the cam and cable. Shot today for the third time since i took it home, drew back the third arrow of the day and the top limb snaped completly off j
ust above the main frame, (riser, just past the limb bolt).

Am I jinxed or is there a problem with the new Reezons. The bow is fast and accurate but I personally have had nothing but problems. Does anybody else have a Problem like I have, and do i take a new reezon out of the box or take a loss and move to a different brand? Looking for advise from someone who knows!!!
Taken literally, the OP is stating that the bow came back from Mathews directly...which would, in turn, indicate the dealer is NOT at fault. It isn't a "press" problem.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
about replacement parts

to record keeper, the parts were replaced by mathews, but they were shiped to my dealer and the bow was put back together at his shop.

Also about the pictures, I am not to good at this but will try and post them.

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
that bow was with out question pressed incorrectly !!!
yep that's what happened, probly from the first person that pressed your bow, just take it to a Mathews dealer that knows what there doing and have them but new limbs on it and all will be well, every time I take my bow in I always back my limb bolts off becaulse most shops around here dont know to do it

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
wow that could have been worse i am glad you didn't get something in your eyes or teeth knocked out mathews should not even hesitate to fix it,it could have been worse thank God you were not 20+ feet in the air when that happened

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Incompetence

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune and I cant believe something like this is possible at a reputable dealer. I would call Mathews and report this to whom ever you need to at headquarters. They will take care of the issue expediently for sure!Good luck and happy hunting:(

·
Registered
70 Posts
mathews customer service is exelant contact them directly and tell your story if you cannot find anouther mathews dealer. this dealer did not properly press your bow and likely would not in the future

1 - 20 of 29 Posts