Archery Talk Forum banner

Refill Windchecker

1504 Views 26 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  Ib4Hoyt
What sent free power do you use to refill your windchecker? There has to be something sent free and very inexpensive vs $5 for a new one.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,403 Posts
$2 @wallyworld

· Registered
111 Posts
A few years ago I actually went online and found the same material they use to fill their bottles. If I can remember I think I gave something like $20 for 5 lbs. of the stuff. I don't know if I'll ever need to buy anymore!!!! 5 lbs of that stuff is a very, very big pile. It's been so long ago I don't recall what company I got it from. I just started making calls to some of the numbers I found on the web. It is out there just do a little looking, it is well worth the effort $$$$ !

· Registered
631 Posts
Yup, cornstarch for me too. Cheap and easy, just don't let it get wet.

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts

· Registered
695 Posts
Baking soda seems to be the best and cheapest for me. No smell, and I actually shoot some in my boots before I go in the woods to absorb odor, so it has more than one use for me. I have tried chalk dust in the past, but it settles in the bottle and sometimes will clump up when it sweats.

· Registered
1,083 Posts
hunter specialty makes a scent away powder for your feet and body I refill my wind checkers with it.

· Registered
839 Posts
2 bucks at wally world.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.