Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since becoming disabled and not being able to get back into the workforce I've been trying to find something to do at home to make ends meet since disability doesn't pay :sad: Then it dawned on me that I should do what I like doing and that everyone tells me that I am very good at.I've started making strings and cables not just for my own bows but for other people's at our club that asked who had made mine.Everyone tells me they are excellent quality and stand up to or are better than anything else they have used.My question is there enough room for me in this business and also what do some of you pay for having arrows refletched?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Banned
910 Posts
there are several guys that are tying strings as a side job, running a website and most of these string tiers have gotten alot of endorsements and business from this forums members. these guys are stocking most colors of 8125 and 452X, some also of ultracam and TS-1, several colors of serving and several center serving options and getting $45 -$50 bucks for a set or $17 bucks for a 2 cam/1.5 cam string, $30 for a 1 cam string, $12 for a plain cable and $17 for a split cable..... or there abouts for 2 color. fletching???....I think it wouldnt be worth the trouble except locally.
Start a thread...," try my strings free"....give 3 or 4 custom sets away to some of the senior members around here and they will start a thread and brag on ya alil bit and u could be on your way....but then again...what do I know???

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
There is always room for another quality string maker. I may even try you out. I am going to need another set of strings in a week or so and don't feel like making them myself.

As for arrows I couldn't tell you what it cost. I haven't had my arrows fletched by someone else in almost 10 years.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Be prepared to sell for $50 a set, I can't make them fast enough for that money, after the cost of initial material, your profits will probably be quite low, but after you get all stocked up, it's good money in your pocket.

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts