Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Elite Answer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to refletch my arrows. I bought quick spins and I have Black Hawk vapor shafts that I cleaned up. I cleaned all surfaces with the acetone like it said but I can't get it to stick that well. I am certain that my WB is going to rip them off. I am using the Platinum glue but i can't get it to spread to all the edges. I am wondering if fletch tape would work on veins or some other type of glue. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
184 Posts
fletch tape

The flletching tape, I beleive, is designed for feathers. I used to use it when I fletched feathers and it worked great, however it would barely stick to cleaned vanes. The Platinum glue is good stuff. I use it for my base and since I shoot a WB I use Goldtip tip grip to put down a front, middle and rear cleat.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Or switch to Tim's goat tuff glue. Just fletched up a dozen with blazers for a buddy shooting them through a WB and he has had absolutely no problems.
Bill

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Fletching tape is for feathers and for spin wings. You have to glue regular vanes on. I also would choose a vane that is alot ore durable than the quickspins to go through a WB. The bisquit is going to tear those vanes up. You need to be shooting Flex Fletch (best vanes made), or Vane Techs, or Blazers through a WB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you could also use a wrap first because the glues will bleed into the carbon and make refletching a real job ,you'll have to sand the glue clumps off try quick crest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts