Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was looking at the new Cam and a half Reflex Timberwolf. I almost bought it but wanted some unbiased opinions first before I buy.
My backround is that I shot all my life with longbow in the 60's and 70's PSE Sabre compound in the 80's along with the Bear bows & my Martin cougar and now still shoot my old whitetail 2.
I shoot with fingers( but asked the bow tech to help the old dog with the new releases which I have to look into)
So this new bow... about $530 w/split limbs.
I never trusted split limbs....have they come a long way?
Is this a good "Bang for my Buck"?
What do you think?
Thank you.
Bobby
http://AirbrushBobby.com

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
cheaper $$$$$

At 315 feet per second, the Timber Wolf, equipped with the new Cam & 1/2 Performance System is as aggressive in speed as it is in looks. Wolf tracks are machined into each aircraft grade aluminum riser making this an all-around aggressive bow for the aggressive bowhunter.

At 315 feet per second, the Timber Wolf, equipped with the new Cam & 1/2 Performance System is as aggressive in speed as it is in looks. Wolf tracks are machined into each aircraft grade aluminum riser making this an all-around aggressive bow for the aggressive bowhunter.

2546Our price: $494.00Sale price:
Select Hand: RHLH
Select Poundage: 50-60#60-70#
Select Draw: 27-30in.

We accept

Thank You for Visiting Archery Experts!
ARCHERY EXPERTS
7132 Shady Oak Road
Eden Praire, MN 55344

Phone Orders Call Us Toll Free
1-888-833-9252

www.archeryexperts.com

Privacy statement and information about on-line ordering:D

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If you are weary of split limb bows you can get a darton or merlin bow with similar cams and solid limbs .

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I just purchased a Reflex Buckskin a little slower but with a higher brace hight, so should be a little more forgiving and I really like it.

Have had it about one month and have ruined two arrows and knocked the nock off from two others, a great shooting smooth and qiuet bow.

·
Registered
795 Posts
:) I also would recommend the Buckskin. A little slower but fast enough. Definately more forgiving and very quiet.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
it's a great bow for what it is.. a fast hunting bow, but
the low brace height would certainly concern me if I
was going to shoot any target/3d with it.

Also look at the new hoyts if you like the cam and a half
technology.. the timberwolf are the same cams as are on the
ultratec, cybertec, protec etc...and for about 100 bucks
more, you can get the great hoyt limbs(laminated, not
solid like the reflex) and great riser, grip.. just a lot
more bow for only 100-150 bucks more...

Both companies are using the same limb pockets/cams
so the big difference is in the risers and limbs.. hoyt
makes some of the best limbs on the planet in their
laminated series(2000,3000) limbs..
As far as stability of the split limbs, companies have
come a long way in the past 10 years and hoyts and
reflex limbs will not shift or move laterally on you and
cause bow torque issues like some previous limb
designs..their limb pockets are some of the best
in the business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yesterday I was looking at the new Cam and a half Reflex Timberwolf. I almost bought it but wanted some unbiased opinions first before I buy.
My backround is that I shot all my life with longbow in the 60's and 70's PSE Sabre compound in the 80's along with the Bear bows & my Martin cougar and now still shoot my old whitetail 2.
I shoot with fingers( but asked the bow tech to help the old dog with the new releases which I have to look into)
So this new bow... about $530 w/split limbs.
I never trusted split limbs....have they come a long way?
Is this a good "Bang for my Buck"?
What do you think?
Thank you.
Bobby
Airbrush Bobby // Salyers Artistry
Ya it's a badass bow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts