Archery Talk Forum banner

Refuse to use a gun....

2410 Views 109 Replies 99 Participants Last post by  uncleted327
Be it turkey, deer or whatever else I decide to hunt for.

I have absolutely nothing against them but me for one just don't and wont own one for hunting. To each his/ her own.

Going after turkey this spring with the bow, ground blind and nat. cover.

How many AT'rs feel the same?
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

· Registered
6,153 Posts

I have absolutely nothing against them but me for one just don't and wont own one for hunting. To each his/ her own.

+1 Been bow only for 28 years now

· Registered
4,586 Posts
what about grouse, duck/geese, phesants, squirrels, crows, etc...?

· Trollinus Maximus.
79,736 Posts
I dont feel the same, what ever is legal I guess, i have not fired or even taken my guns out of the cabinet in over 3 years,, just having too much fun with archery tackle to do so.:darkbeer:

· Registered
14,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love that bow hunting...................But its kinda hard to kill a coyote over 50 yards with a bow so i gotta pick up one of my rifles for that :smile:
True, bigger game bow all the way...If I had time and spots to hunt yotes, I guess I'd have to break down. Same for geese and smaller game birds.

· Registered
10,765 Posts
Not me if it is hunting im in .!!! Gun, bow ,slingshot ,or granades .Why miss out on the fun .I just do not get those who feel the need to prostrate and pentance themselves. What ever is legal..

· Registered
5,920 Posts

I use a gun for Coyote's and squirrels and the such, but I haven't gun-hunted for deer since 2002 because I just don't get the same thrill out of it anymore.

· Registered
2,616 Posts
I personally love guns because of how much fun it is getting with my deer camp in WV during rifle in our cabin the middle of no where. Also shotgun in Ohio gets all the hunters together for a great week of fun.

I still like bow hunting 1000000000 times better though. I try not to be "pro this" and "against this". I just get out there and do what I do :nod: :archery: :dead:

· Registered
181 Posts
I do it all, Rifle/Shotgun season, Blackpowder. I love archery season, but where i live once gun season starts archery ends except for a couple bow only areas which are overrun with hunters. So i am not going to sit in the house and wait for gun season to end to start hunting again. Plus an extra 6 tags hunting with firearms.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.