Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to buy the Regin but I cannot decide on the 6 or 7. Am looking for advice from someone who own both, I have a 27" dl and maybe not the greatest form and was wondering if the 7 is really more forgiving. I shot both at a shop but at close range without a peep and sight I could not tell how they would be at longer yardage.

Thanks in advance
Joe

·
Registered
442 Posts
AT your DL go with the 6...at 27 its very smooth on performance with lots of extra speed over the 7.Great shooting bow.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I had both but really liked the 6 better. Sold the 7

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,542 Posts
I definitely liked the 6 it shoots so good long range I mean blond or brunette is what it comes down too! I have a very good friend who's die hard 7" bh shooter. I finally talked him into this 6" and he has a 7 and doesn't shoot the 7 any different.

I have shot Destroyer for years so wanted to go with 7 bh and shot the R6 & R7 and felt the 6 held so much better it boiled down to that for me.

I think you can't go wrong with either but it short draw the BH is a little less noticeable.

·
Registered
708 Posts
6 without a doubt at your draw length. I had both and sold my 7, and I'm a 28.75" draw. They both shot great, however I couldn't get over the speed and ability to shoot a super heavy arrow at good speed still. Advantages all go to the six in our draw-length range.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I am shooting a Reign 6 [email protected] lbs and 27" draw length and I love the way the bow shots! I have a 7" brace ht. BT Prodigy and I like the R6 better, it is as smooth (without the slight dump in the valley of the Prodigy) and is slightly faster in the comfort setting.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to everyone who responded to my thread and I went to my shop again today and shot the 6&7 side by side again for an hour. I wound up taking the 7 home they were so close but the 7 felt a little more balanced and both at 68 pounds the 7 seem to draw a little smoother. It was a tough decision and I I am hoping it was the right one.

Thanks again

·
Registered
19,354 Posts
Having owned both and keeping the 7, I say you did good! The 7 is an amazing bow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts