Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that Regions has scheduled a championship for the end of August in West Monroe LA. This was new to me and I for one am excited because that is a darn site closer than AL for me. I was wondering how they were going to do this since the regions pro/ams were not qualifiers for ASA's Classic. Cool to see some growth. Whats everyones thoughts?

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I just noticed that Regions has scheduled a championship for the end of August in West Monroe LA. This was new to me and I for one am excited because that is a darn site closer than AL for me. I was wondering how they were going to do this since the regions pro/ams were not qualifiers for ASA's Classic. Cool to see some growth. Whats everyones thoughts?
You have to shoot the regions shoots.......the rules are on their website

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize that. I guess what I meant was that the Regions shoots don't qualify you for the ASA classic this year opposed to last year. I may be mistaken on that but that was last year anyway. I have read the rules, thanks. You have to shoot two regions pro/ams or win one if you are a amateur to compete in the regions championship. Thanks for keeping me straight brother.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I realize that. I guess what I meant was that the Regions shoots don't qualify you for the ASA classic this year opposed to last year. I may be mistaken on that but that was last year anyway. I have read the rules, thanks. You have to shoot two regions pro/ams or win one if you are a amateur to compete in the regions championship. Thanks for keeping me straight brother.
Last year was a gesture for those that hadnt shot a pro am.....

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
my thoughts are that by moving it to Louisiana in August they have made it tougher on the people in NC, OH, IN, KY to participate.

Why have pro ams in those states if you're going to make it more difficult and expensive to participate in the championship shoot?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
my thoughts are that by moving it to Louisiana in August they have made it tougher on the people in NC, OH, IN, KY to participate.

Why have pro ams in those states if you're going to make it more difficult and expensive to participate in the championship shoot?
The same could probably be said about the ASA having a Pro Am in TX and a championship in AL.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

I am guessing they are playing the odds there will be a lot more shooters down south than up north, economics 101. Personally I would like to see it somewhere in Missouri

·
Back Yard Champion
29,824 Posts
Seems you can't please everyone. Personally, I think there are enough Championships, but getting a big shoot to parts where people are who can't travel miles and miles would be better. You can then go with just Shooter of the Year. Those with the most points win...Tie, split SOY. What's wrong with Top Ranking? Nothing.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I sure hope the attendance is a lot better than last year. But I guess that shouldn't be to hard to do.

Bow hunter Champion class: Fixed pins with no pin limit or slider adjust with no pin limit with rear or side adjust may be used.

This is from the rule book, does this mean we can use a single slider pin in this class? And all I'm seeing is 40 yard max at 320 fps. Is this going to be all unknown?

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
I went to the regions shoots last year. You can count me out now since the champs are in Alb.
?? championships in alabama? i don't think so unless you're thinking of ASA championships.

(i'm pretty sure you didn't mean Albania... ;) )

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
?? championships in alabama? i don't think so unless you're thinking of ASA championships.

(i'm pretty sure you didn't mean Albania... ;) )
Yeah if the championship is Albania I'm out to. But now I'm wondering what would be the 3rd shoot to make before the championship.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Alb. Is nowhere near. West Monroe la....

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hope its good. I can understand why folks would question the championship location but I'm willing to bet that they are using the same facility that ASA used so that probably played into the location decision. Does anyone know if this is the case?

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I hope its good. I can understand why folks would question the championship location but I'm willing to bet that they are using the same facility that ASA used so that probably played into the location decision. Does anyone know if this is the case?
From what I hear no it's down the road from it. could be wrong ...but i hardly ever am :) (modest I know )

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
Interesting thread :confused:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts