Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a better choice for 3d shooting. Will be shooting 65# with gold tip pro arrows. While on the subject would the 500's work or the 400's be better?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I shoot Easton 400 Fat Boys out of 65 lb at 28" with a 80 gr, point. I tried 100gr, but I live in a windy state and the 80's group a lot better than the 100's. I use the 2" blazer and the are working super great. I have never tried the mini Blazer. I put on the 2" because I thought in would work better for the size of arrow and my poundage. I maybe all wet because I haven't tried the Mini's. You never know tell you try some thing. You can go by what guys on here say will work. You need to try it yourself and use what works best for you.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I shoot Easton 400 Fat Boys out of 65 lb at 28" with a 80 gr, point. I tried 100gr, but I live in a windy state and the 80's group a lot better than the 100's. I use the 2" blazer and the are working super great. I have never tried the mini Blazer. I put on the 2" because I thought in would work better for the size of arrow and my poundage. I maybe all wet because I haven't tried the Mini's. You never know tell you try some thing. You can go by what guys on here say will work. You need to try it yourself and use what works best for you.

why would you use fat arrows in a windy state and then put light tips and 2" blazers on? dosent sound like a good combo to me!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I shoot 3D most of all the time any more they are held in a timber. Fat arrow are line cutters and the light point with a lower FOC has alway worked better for me. I have been putting a 3 arrow group in a 3" spot at 50 yards all day long out in the wind. I just put a picture of a group a shot on here the other day with a 28 mph wind gust with all 3 arrows in the spot with one nock shot off at 40 yards. I think thats way most out door target shooters use light point. Thats way they call them target points so the hole arrow will drift not just the back of the arrow and the arrow will enter the target straight with out the back of the arrow kicking up are side ways and be just out. If I get a chance to shoot some target out side i would set up my Hyper- speed to shoot it. Small arrow and small vane do shoot better in the wind . I have shot in the upper 290's out of 300 at 60 yards with them before as FS. I have been in the 970s with them. I think the point are 80 on them too with a lot smaller vanes. I broken two state records with light point and small carbon, but with finger as a pro. I shot a 865 out of a 900 round state championship as pro FSL and once on a two day state outdoor 300 round. It was windy both day on a 300 round as a pro FSL I had a 558 out of 600 in two days. The yardage was 40, 50 and 60 yards in the open. I don't think any one has done that again even on a com day and I done in the wind with a clicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts