Archery Talk Forum banner

Reign 6 Issue

819 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  MOA
Hey everybody,

Last week my new Reign 6 started making a noise that was similar to a small, tight metal string being plucked. It felt like something was wrong but I wrote it off as paranoia after going over the limbs. So I kept shooting, figuring I'd research the issue later that night. Halfway through drawing the bow, the outer roller on my flex guard shot off.

Bicycle part Bicycle Tire Spoke Groupset

Luckily the archery shop was able to swap this out with a new one off of another bow instantly. The new roller fixed the issue... until I noticed a creaking noise this morning. So I quit shooting and headed back to the archery shop. Doing research on here it looked like it could possibly be improperly lubricated limb pockets creating the noise. I explained this to the technician who took the bow back and drew it back on his the hook. Upon letting the bow down, it did this...

Helicopter Rotorcraft Radio-controlled helicopter Technology Vehicle

Rim Wheel Automotive wheel system Spoke Tire

Has anyone else heard of or experienced this issue? Hoping that this stops here as the bow is under warranty.

Thanks for your time,

-Brad
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,849 Posts
i wonder if they replaced the flex guard with the wrong stiffness...also bowtech makes a great when it works, sometimes they dont work. Im almost convinced that shops dont really know how to work on them.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original flex guard was not removed. Only the single roller was replaced, which Bowtech said was universal across all of their flex guards. The cable touching the roller where the first issue occurred is the cable connected to the yoke that snapped though so this is a good point though.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
The odds of you being so unlucky to have two separate problems with bearings in different locations on the same bow just days apart are amazing. I really hope Bowtech takes care of you. Hopefully this isn't a prevalent issue with Bowtech bows.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.