Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Genesis 27:3
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shooting the Reinhart 100 in April at the TX shoot. I was wondering if anyone that has shot it has any advice. I've heard that it is brutal if you are used to shooting regular tournaments cause of how many you shoot in one day.

Any tips would be great!

· Registered
591 Posts
Just pace yourself

It is the most fun you can have over a weekend. Just expect to be a little sore but well worth it.

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
I'm shooting the Reinhart 100 in April at the TX shoot. I was wondering if anyone that has shot it has any advice. I've heard that it is brutal if you are used to shooting regular tournaments cause of how many you shoot in one day.

Any tips would be great!
Are you shooting the whole thing in one day? All 100 targets? We have always shot 50 targets (African range) and then 50 targets (North American range) the next day.

Take a seat with a back on it. Last year it took us 7 hours to shoot 50 targets. Now this was WAY out of the ordinary but you still want to have a seat to give your back a rest.
Snack maybe to tide you over while shooting.

They also have some cool fun shoots that you get to shoot with your regular entry fee. They off the steel challenge on Sat (10 targets set up with steel trees and bushes infront of them that you have to weave arrows through. High score at the end (you only are allowed two arrows) wins a bow.
Steel shoot on Sunday (deer with a steel outlay that has a hole in the kill zone and everyone shoots at once--everyone in the hole pulls there arrows and backs up 10 yards and you keep repeating until only one person remains.

The water jug shoot is awesome as well.

These shoots are a ball if you are with some guys. We usually throw $5 in the hat and the top shooter takes it or divide up in to two teams and the team splits the pot.

Didtances I have found to be REALLY close. Most shots were 25-30 yards (even the big animals) which kinda got boring, but that's were the trash talking and team competition kicked in.

· Registered
844 Posts
Start early to avoid congestion. Every time we have shot one we got on the range no later than 8-830 and we could shoot a 50 target range in 3 1/2 to 4 hours. But by the time we got done there would be 20 -30 people lined up on target 1 waiting to shoot. Most of all enjoy it R100s are a lot of fun and there is plenty to keep you busy after you get off the range.

· Registered
481 Posts
R100

The shoot itself is not bad at all. Most shots are around 20-25 yards. The real pain is in the organization of it all or at least that was the case at the Ronda, NC shoot. There is 1 guy running the whole thing. They do not police the group size. We shot the African range on Sunday and ended up behind what looked to be an entire trailer park with bows! There was 7 adults and 2 children shooting, in front of them were 4 older guys that must have thought they were pros and had to inspect their arrows every target. Needless to say that we started at 8:30, after driving almost 3 hours to get there, and didnt finish until almost 3. The deadline is 2:15 as stated in the cards. They would uphold that part of what was stated on the cards but not the 5 per group minimum that was on the cards. Anyway we did not get our scores added to the list along with a bunch more people. When they gave away the places pins it was unfair to those that didnt get scored.

Then the so called pros mentioned earlier did not get their scores added to the list either, one of them had to make a scene in front of everyone. At this point it was time to leave!

Just my .02, sorry for rambling :)

· Genesis 27:3
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really enjoyed it whenever I went to TX. It did get kinda crowded but for the most part, since we started at 7:30, we didn't get backed up bad at all. The novelty shoots were pretty good as well..loads of fun to watch. Thanks to everyone who left tips!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.