Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Got a question about reinstalling a peep sight on a (used) bow. I need to change the elevation (height) of the peep to suit me.

I don't really require help in removing the old peep and installing the new one or tying the serving in. Got that pretty much figured out.

My question is that since the new peep will be at a new location (height) on the bowstring. Do I need to re-twist the bow string (after i have removed the serving around the old peep), coz the string around the old peep location would be untwisted so to say.

If I do need to twist the string, is there any particular procedure, like how would i get it to twist at the location of the old peep only (after it has been removed). How many twists would be required.

I take it I would have to first twist the string and then install the new peep. Any detailed info or list of procedures on how to go about it wud be much appreciated.

As you can deduce I am new to all this.

Thanx.

A.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
I just moved a peep up 1/4" on one of my bows and had to remove 1/2 twist. Previously I'd moved it 1/8" and compensated by how I tied it in and with the DLoop, but a full 1/4" required the 1/2 twist. You change the twist after the peep is installed and tied down.

You won't be able to tell if 1/2 is enough until it's out of the press and drawn back a time or two. You can also add 1/2 a twist instead of subtract, just depends on whether you're working above or below the peep. Study your string to figure that out.

Take the pressure off the strings then slide the peep to wherever it should go. Put pressure back on and see how much it rotates out of position. If it rotates around to face the other direction, that could mean a full twist instead of 1/2. 90 degree rotation on my bow was 1/2 twist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.