Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Hardcore Max release because I wanted to try a hook style release. I have been using a Scott Shark since I started archery about 3 years ago. I adjusted the release for my hand, and my previous anchor point seems comfortable with the Hardcore in terms of draw length. The problem I am having is that when I draw back with the Hardcore, sometimes my peep is lined up too far to the right of my eye ( I am a right-handed shooter), and it feels like the release is pulling the string away from my face. It tends to do this more at longer ranges. If I put pressure with my middle finger against the post, it tends to correct this, but I don't believe I should have to put pressure against the post. I never had this issue with my Scott release; it always lines up well. The Hardcore Max has the pivoting head that is supposed to reduce torque on the string. So, here are my two questions:
1. Is this an issue with me and my form?
2. Do certain releases just not work for some people, and should I try a different hook-style because the pivoting head might not work with my draw and anchor?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts