Archery Talk Forum banner

Release for a 6-year old boy?

790 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  NeshotaValley
I'm looking to pick up some kind of release for my son. He's 6 and somewhat big for his age. What would you recommend I get?

He's shooting a Martin Tiger.

thanks!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,675 Posts
I know it's not what your looking for, but at that age I would recommend just sticking with fingers. My 5 y.o. has the "no-fingers" on his bows. Works great for youngsters.

· Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it's not what your looking for, but at that age I would recommend just sticking with fingers. My 5 y.o. has the "no-fingers" on his bows. Works great for youngsters.
hmm... we could do that. what is the no fingers?

· Registered
43 Posts
bear young guns and release

switch bows and try the quest razorback or the trufire patriot jr or short web. My six year old daughter shots the bear young guns at 22 pounds, 14 inches, she used to shoot the tiger, what a difference when she moved up. she currently uses the quest but soon will be in the short web from trufire

· Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
switch bows and try the quest razorback or the trufire patriot jr or short web. My six year old daughter shots the bear young guns at 22 pounds, 14 inches, she used to shoot the tiger, what a difference when she moved up. she currently uses the quest but soon will be in the short web from trufire
can't really just go and switch bows at this point... The Tiger is fine for now... but yeah, it does make sense to try to upgrade soon.

· Lowered expectations
20,222 Posts
TRUBall Stinger. You can shorten the length of the release for small hands, and have room to grow to adulthood. The velcro strap is very comfortable and can be made to fit very slim wrists. Also, the jaws self-close so it's easy for the little ones to load. Very affordable, too.

· Registered
25,353 Posts
my little cousin uses a scott little goose and loves it. really nice release.

he also used a trubal stinger. not bad but not as good as the scott.

· Registered
324 Posts
No fingers is what i would use. They are cheap and they slide over the string.

· Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Carter Quickie 1 for my son. He loves it, and the strap can adjust to where he's gonna use it until he's an adult...

-Steve

· Registered
1,998 Posts
+1 for Cobra Pro Junior

My 5 & 7 yo sons both use one of these and they work great seems to help them pull a little more, give them more consistencey which translates into confidence. Just watching them act all high tech and quote "get strapped in" makes me smile. Good sturdy little release and they only cost 19.00.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.