Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who needs a release to shoot with. He's pulling off the string just so you are aware. All I've ever shot with are Scott releases, but he doesn't want to spend that $$. Any advice for what releases he should be looking at that are on the cheaper side and that will work for pulling off the string? If you wouldn't mind, throw out what release work well for you and their cost of you remember what they run for.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
While other cheaper release aids may get the job done...I personally would do my best to convince my friend that buying a scott, or something comparable is an investment he won't regret. A release is a big part of shooting a bow....not something you want to save a few bucks on. Check out the classifieds....good chance you can pick up a used one for the same as you would pay for a low end brand new release.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
A Tru ball Stinger is only about 35 bucks or so new and their super imo. May be able to find one on AT classifieds for cheap.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Check out the Tru Fire Hurricane Extreme Buckle Web. $45.
The pro at my local shop likes these better than the more expensive ones he carries.
I got one and really like it, especially the ability to adjust the length easily.
:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I personally shoot a James Greene Gator Jaw release right off the string. This release acts as a string loop and doesnt pinch the arrow. (ie. knocks above and below the arrow) NOW I have shot a string loop with a Scott Mongoose and I love that release as well, however after punching myself in the jaw a time or two I gave up the string loop and switched to the Gator Jaw..... It is like $45 online plus shipping but it is a quality release... It is really a personal preference and your buddy might want to shoot a few different models if possible before he buys one.... Just my .02

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I'll start scouring the internet and find a Scott Little Goose(of what I have) for him. For the $35-45 you guys are saying your releases cost you, for not much more I bet he could get a Little Goose and then will be set.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts