Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy,
just read an article about release length. how do you know if your release is adjusted properly for the best accuracy. i use a Fletcher .44 caliper by Primos. it is a good release,and i would like to fully utilize its potential
draw, float, release
North woods

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Everyone has there own preference and what works for them.....however I think most archers shoot better positioning the trigger towards the middle of the finger rather than using the tip of your finger. Shortening up your release will bring your trigger farther back and allow you to squeeze off that shot rather than pucnhing the trigger.

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
buckfeverben said:
Everyone has there own preference and what works for them.....however I think most archers shoot better positioning the trigger towards the middle of the finger rather than using the tip of your finger. Shortening up your release will bring your trigger farther back and allow you to squeeze off that shot rather than pucnhing the trigger.
EXACTLY, could not have said it better!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Release length....

I also shoot the Caliper.44 and find it a good release if a little fiddly to initially set up.
The best way I found was to set the length(I have the soft strap version) just right so back of the trigger sits comfortably in front of the middle finger(bent)(have to hold back trigger for safety). This hold should enable you comfortably reach the front of the trigger with your index finger and squeeze your shot off when ready. As the other chap stated you do need a that little bit of length otherwise you tend to jerk the trigger instead of squeezing.
Overall a good release for the money. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts