Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a hip quiver and have noticed that when taking an arrow my release bangs around on them making alot of noise. I was wondering what you guys do to cure this. I use a scott itty bitty goose and am not opposed to trying a new release (one that does not dangle).

·
Registered
811 Posts
I use a Jim Fletcher "Fletch Hunter Shorty" and I've gotten into the habit of palming my release as I reach for an arrow. Stays out of the way and is definitely quiet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does any one have any suggestions for a "quiet" release. I was thinking about the Winn Free Flight. Any opinions?

·
Archer helping Archers
1,328 Posts
buckmaidt said:
I use a hip quiver and have noticed that when taking an arrow my release bangs around on them making alot of noise. I was wondering what you guys do to cure this. I use a scott itty bitty goose and am not opposed to trying a new release (one that does not dangle).

You might try holding the release between your ring finger and pinky when you're not using it. I have a Scott shark, and that's what I do. It may be a little awkward at first, but you get used to it. Just a suggestion that works for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts