Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
teredpse
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Scott little goose. But I want to start shooting more 3d and thought about a back tension release to see if that would to help in grouping arrows at longer yardage? Plus I like to try the release. What should I buy to start. I do like the little goose release from Scott.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I shot a scott silverhorn for a few years. I got a bad case of target panic. I went to a local shop and tried out a few releases, I settled on a scott longhorn 3 mini pro (kinda small for my hand). It greatly improved my groupings. I went from struggling to keep 6 arrows in a paper plate at 30 to shooting a 6" group of 6 arrows at 65 yds. I swear by my BT release so much that I hunt with it. That's how confident I am with it

·
Registered
167 Posts
A good release that won't break the bank is the Hot Shot Xtacy. Great quality, easy to use and adjust and at a price that won't break the bank

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The thing with a back tension is that it probably will make you worse at first. Lancaster has a good deal on some scott back tension releases. 89.99. You could also geta tru ball bt release 4 finger for 59.99. With some patience and practice i think toy will see an improvement.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Carter like mike if you want to work on back tension and still use a wrist strap. That's what I do, and I love it!

·
teredpse
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I bought A tru ball by gold. EBay for 41 buck. I will try it and see what I think.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The little goose is a well made roller sear release but not for me. If you don't get along with a hinge release try a single sear using back tension.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Thanks everyone. I bought A tru ball by gold. EBay for 41 buck. I will try it and see what I think.
Great idea. All hinges work on the same principle. Shoot that one for a while. Then you can see if you want a different one. After shoot that release for a while you will have a better understanding of what you like and don't like. A little coaching always helps when starting out with a hinge too

·
teredpse
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thankyou. I really like then 3d. It helped me this year hunting. Plus I had great fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts