Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using a fletch hunter rope (wrist style) release for 10 years, but I'm just getting back into archery on a more serious level. I'd appreciate some suggestions on choosing a new release. I'm in the market for a new bow and I just want to narrow down the field to find the one that feels right fo me.

I've had a surgery on my right ring finger that makes some three finger hand held releases uncomfortable to draw.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have been shooting the Scott little goose for a while and really like it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I really like the Carter 2-Shot, super crisp release w/ a great feel. The "Answer" from Golden Key is also very cool since it doubles as a training aid for tatrget panic as well as a caliper; the problem is finding one.

·
Banned
910 Posts
as far as rope releases go, I dont think you will do better than what you have. there arent that many wrist rope releases made anymore, do to everybody shoots D-loop. Scotts are quiet, reliable, but you can get more target accuracy and feel from a truBall short & Sweet SS buckle $60 or a Carter 2 shott buckle $80-90. I used to shoot Scotts and did for years, for lack of a better explanation they dont have any feel to them, the trigger is kind of vague. After shooting my 2shot , i couldnt go back to scotts.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I would try the Tru-ball line of releases, or the Scott release's:darkbeer:

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Here ya' go. No pain for the ring finger. I have one with a buckle strap and love it. Excellent release. Copper John/Stan eagle 2 finger, but can be had as a 3 or 4 also, with or without the strap.
duo Eagle.jpg

·
Registered
384 Posts
What Release

i used to use a truball tornado but not any longer since my chocolate lab broke the trigger off. i now use a scott mongoose and wish i would have started out with it years ago. it works fantastic. improved my shooting like you would not believe. sweet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bill Becker,
If you are in the market for a new bow anyway. Go to a pro shop in your area if there is one. Try pulling some bows with a string loop on them. You can go with a little shorter draw length because of the added length of the string loop. You then need to find a good release made for string loops. There is no pinching of the nock at full draw with a string loop. If you pay a little more almost all of the releases will do fine. Or you can stay with your current release if your comfortable with it. Either way you won't have bow string wear like when useing a standard attach to the bow string release. Just take your old release with you when you go looking for that new bow. Good luck in finding a new bow and possible release.

·
Registered
800 Posts
TRU Ball short-n-sweet

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. I've seen the D loops on the strings and it looks like a good idea to me. That was on of the reasons I'm looking for a new release as well as a bow. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot a couple of the suggested releases and see what feel right to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts