Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

can please someone post some pictures which show the new stan element next to the carter evolution?

I am shooting the evolution an want to know how the geometry of the element's body is, compared to the evolution.

Thanks

alex

·
Registered
178 Posts
I owned an Evo+ but sold that. I now have a Stan Element. I can't give you pictures of both but I can tell you that there are 2 sizes of Stan. Medium and Large. Both are more contoured than the Evo and are much more comfortable in my hand. I have the small Stan and it is a LOT smaller than the Evo. If you like the size of your Evo then you should try the large Stan.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information about the Stan.

On your pictures it looks like the Element medium has the size of the evo mini. So medium would be definitely to small for my hands.

I think I will like the straight handle of the element (looks like a Just-cuz). And the fingerseperation (between middle and ring finger) is not as big as the one of the Evo.......

One question left. Can someone tell me how thick the LARGE Element is compared to the evo (normal size)? Or tell me how many mm it is, please.

·
Dutch target archer
148 Posts
Thanks for the information about the Stan.

On your pictures it looks like the Element medium has the size of the evo mini. So medium would be definitely to small for my hands.

I think I will like the straight handle of the element (looks like a Just-cuz). And the fingerseperation (between middle and ring finger) is not as big as the one of the Evo.......

One question left. Can someone tell me how thick the LARGE Element is compared to the evo (normal size)? Or tell me how many mm it is, please.
I know it's an old thread, but I would still like to comment on this.

The Medium Element is comparable to the normal Evo+. The Large Element has quite a lot more room for your fingers than the normal Evo+. With this said, the thickness of both the L and M are the same. It's just how large the fingerhole is, and how far apart the finger indentations. I have shot an Evo for about 3 years now, and just got an Element. To my opinion, the Medium element fits my hand a lot better than the Evo. And I never got my finger to fit in a mini Evo! The Element is sleeker and more ergonomical. Can't say too much about consistency at this moment.

·
Husband & Dad (6 Girls!)
1,333 Posts
Reviving this post to ask... How big is your hand and what size Evo/Element do you shoot? For example my hand is 3.75" from my index finger knuckle to my pinky knuckle. What size would be best? Reason I ask is I live more than 100 miles away from a archery shop and will most likely get one of these online.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My hand is also 3.75". I always buy large size gloves - ski, golf, etc... I use a Stan Element -Large.

·
Husband & Dad (6 Girls!)
1,333 Posts
Thanks. That is exactly what I needed to know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to know how wide the hole for the forefinger ( A ) is and second the distance between places for the second- and the ringfinger ( B ).
Medium and Large.
I attached a picture in which i show what measurements i mean. Here is the link:
http://img375.imageshack.us/f/stanelement.jpg/

It would be great if you can help me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts