Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Custom callmaker
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a past thread I was looking for a good hunting release , I have now limited my choices down to these'

Scott little bitty goose

carter two shot

Jim dandy fletcher caliper

I picked these on there rugged design and I like the wrist strap without velcro. I seem to like the jim fletcher new design because of less drawlkength loss. People seem to like the scott but I don't like the vecro strap.

So please give me the lowdown on these releases. Aside from you brand loyalty, what makes one better than the other. Any complaints on any please post. I am unable to locate any dealers that carry these in my area of Sheb. WI. So I am going to use your knowlage to order one from cabelas or bass pro and I don't want to get the wrong one. Also if you know of a better place to order from let me now. (big places get enough money)

·
74,535 Posts
Carter Two shot

There selling alot of them in my area here. I have heard good things about them.

Second choice would be the Scott.

·
Custom callmaker
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the ones posted that I like. I have a true fire and freinds have shot the trueballs, I am looking for something a little more presicion. I and my freinds have had a misfire and the releases are showing age some a re 10 years old.

D.B. why do you prefer these? Any advantages over the others? Has any one shot a jim fletcher? Heard the old ones make noise, but new ones a re a new style. Also how queit are the ones posted? Any of them have a better trigger and smoother a qeiter release?

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
You should also try the Copper John Eagle release. You trigger it with the middle or even the ring finger. Much harder to "punch".
You can shoot it with back tension too. I hunted with one last year and shot 3D with it this year and love it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I shoot the Scott caliper or Shark. I like the dual moving jaw as opposed to the single gate jaw. I also like a zero travel trigger so that I do not know - to a degree - when the release will fire. I have the buckle strap as I refuse to use velcro when hunting. Scott releases have performed without any problems in hunting conditions (moose, caribou, antelope, bear!)

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
2 Shot

One of the many things I like about the 2 Shot is the adjustability of the wrist strap and the fact that it's so easy to adjust the length of the release, to get that perfect fit. The release is very easy to tuck away when you're climbing a tree and it slips easily through a hole in your glove once you get in your tree stand. Carter never ceases to amaze me with their quality. Due the the number of sears in the 2 Shot, this release is not going to load up when it's at full draw. It will release exactly the same way every time, with the same amount of trigger pull for a very consistent release.

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
madarchery....i have every single release aid mentioned on this thread so far.....

the carter 2shot is the one i use.....it has not 1, not 2, not 3 but 6 seer pins in it...the things is the closet thing you can shoot to tension without being true tension for a trigger type release....

if you actually just pick one up, and load and fire the release...i mean dry fire it....you will feel the quality at work for you......

and just so you know....this isnt a brand loyalty testment by me....its the gospil......

not saying some of these other releases arent good releases...but if you want a release you can hunt, shoot 3d, shoot indoors with this is it.....

however, beware.....the drawback to the carter 2shot is.....once you use it....its addictive.....you want to carry it everywhere with you and keep loading and firing it.....dont ask me why.....just be very careful....you'll be addicted too

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The little goose as opposed to the Little Bitty Goose is what I prefer. I like the consistency of the barrell instead of the rope holding the head. The Little Goose comes in a strap (the Bitty Goose does too) Most of the guys and gals here shoot the Little Goose for hunting and 3D. I love it and shoot it as BT.

I prefer to order from Lancaster Archery.

·
Custom callmaker
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses so far!! It seems like I will probobly go with the carter 2-shot as my first choice. Anyone know a price and a good place to order from, do pro shops carry them? Are there any in eastern WI?
Second choice will be the little bitty goose. I like the fact of not having a solid hook up from the wrist like the little goose.
I would still like to hear from anyone shooting the fletcher.
Also the eagle release l;ooks interesting but it is to close to season to mess with a different style. Also no one in the area that I know has these and I would like to play before I buy into a different style. Alot of money to try for the he!! of it.

·
Custom callmaker
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK I know I am new so I haven't figured all the sight stuff yet. I see I have PM's but how do I acess them , (HELP)

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
ok mad..first off to retrieve your pm's....go to the top of this page...click on the archerytalk icon on the top left....when it takes you to that page...go to the bottom and at the bottom it will say private messages...click on that, and all the rest is click and read.

now where to buy them...first off, i would ask the shop you deal with if they carry them, or if they can get you one.....if not...lancaster archery sells about anything....or buy direct from carter enterprises.....but dont say i didnt warn you about the addiction to clicking and firing it all the time....you will love that new carter 2shot...with all the sear protection known to mankind.....this release doenst allow for a bad shot....thats why its the 2shot....if you dont like your first one...take a do-over:p ;)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Several ways to get PM's...

Click on "Profile" on the top of the page, then just below Profile on the RH side of the new page click "Private Messages".

If you are in a Forum you can go to the lower left section of the page. There's a "Forum Jump" pulldown. Just select "Private Messages" and you go directly there....

Regards,

CharlieL

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I have a Fletcher, I keep it as a spare to my spare....
It's ok but my first choice is my Scott Rhino (can only be shot with a loop) my second choice and my spare is the Scott Little Goose (can be shot off string or loop).

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Another vote for the Carter 2-Shot. This puppy is the smoothest index finger hunting release ever made!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts