1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
back tension for both you'l thank me much later

·
Huh?
1,684 Posts
What kind of shooting do plan on doing. Bowhunting, Strictly indoor, etc. You could get away with using just about anything, but it would help a lot if you let use know more details. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
I really like my Cobra Mamba release. It has the swing away head that is handy for tucking in your shirt when not using it or pulling arrows from the target.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have heard good things about scott releases, but have not tried them myself.

Trufire has a few good ones that moderately priced.

I really like the 2-shot i have from carter.

Good luck

·
DeaD Middle
4,447 Posts
Try not to skimp. Get a quality release aid that doesn't have any to very little creep and one that you can put some pressure on before it goes off. (adjustiblity) It's too easy to start punching when it's a hair trigger that moves alot before it goes off. Go shoot a bunch at a shop is the best thing to do.

·
Huh?
1,684 Posts
Ok! I would advise you and your son to go with a good quality Caliper with a wrist strap. I personally use a Scott Wild Cat and love it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
What the other folks have said about trying to shoot as many different brands is very sound advice. Each one has a fit and feel all their own. I shoot a SCOTT LB-Goose and I also have a T.R.U Ball Cyclone and Rack-master, these are back ups for friends to use. I like them just as equal and each one of them has an adjustment (sensitivity) set screw also. My daughter has shot Tru Fire and T.R.U. Ball, currently she's using the TB it just fits her hand better.
Something to note, what ever release I shoot for hunting I always make sure my back up is the same model. This way I don't have to worry about re-tuning or changing my shooting form out in the bush, if for some reason something happens to my primary.

Have a goodun,
G

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
For me I got a Trufire Patriot. So far it hasn't given me any problems and for 20 bucks I'm pretty happy with it. They make a Patriot Jr. too. But its not a major loss if you don't like it or something but a good starter release

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Ditto on the Carter Quickie!!! IMO it's thebest all around release out there. Also, you may look into something along the lines of a carter Ember.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
yep

Something to note, what ever release I shoot for hunting I always make sure my back up is the same model. This way I don't have to worry about re-tuning or changing my shooting form out in the bush, if for some reason something happens to my primary.
G
now THAT is great advice. you would be suprised as to what can "happen" with a release, cough cough, from what OTHERS have told me:embara:

anyway, i personally have sworn off any type of trigger release. i now use a hinge only(even for hunting), so i don't know what the latest and greatest "punch-o-matics" are. but if that is what you decide on, i recommend one with a big fat trigger that can be set very heavy and with no travel. really i would recommend a thumb release with those same attributes, because even if you are "commanding" the release, they aren't as prone to punching. remember---> don't pull the trigger into the release, pull the release into the trigger!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love my Tru Ball copperheads. Several years ago I had a problem with a tornado - which was my fault and their customer service was excellent.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts