Archery Talk Forum banner

Releases

960 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  bbcobra
I hear great things about carter and want to give a couple a try. I thought about a back strap and a RX1 . Has anybody tried any of the 2 I mentioned and if so what is your opinion on them.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,013 Posts
I had an rx1 last year for hunting and it's a great release. Crisp trigger with no travel. The only reason I got rid of it was to switch to a thumb release but if I go back to an index finger the rx1 will be the one.

· Registered
3,807 Posts
I switched to an Rx1 after using lots of others over the years,I love it ,best index finger release out there to me.Personnely,I like the heaviest spring{comes with 3},that way i can wrap my finger around it and just pull through the shot,very crisp,no creep,smooth hook,and though the body is larger than some,I like that cause i can actually feel it in my hand,as the small ones kinda get lost and have no feel.

· Registered
828 Posts
I've shot Carter releases for years and appreciate the quality and care for the customer they have.Don't think you can go wrong with any choice you make......I certainly haven't.

· Registered
165 Posts
I have shot the Quickie 1+, the RX1 and the Like Mike. Of these, I prefer the Like Mike, as it has the best trigger of the three. The RX1 had the magnet fall out and it never worked quite right after that. I need to send it in to Carter. The Quickie 1+ is great and I have never had any problems with that one, but the Like Mike trigger is a little better. I like the heavy spring in all of them as well.
Good Shooting.

· Registered
110 Posts
I used the Backstrap for 6 months or so and then sold it. I found that it was WAY too inconsistant. Especially if the release was cold. When cold it would go off as soon as you let off the safety. After blowing my warm breath on it or keeping in my pocket it would start to improve after 10 or 15 shots. I spoke with others at the Vegas shoot and found out this appeared to be common with this release and the equivalent hand held version. Carter recommened lubrication, but I found that this only help a little. It was still way too inconsistant. I recently replaced the Backstrap with the new Carter Slider, and so far I really like it. Not moving parts and it shoots very consistant. The transition to Back Tension is just about complete for me.

· Registered
1,822 Posts
I've been through several carters, all thumb releases though. If I were to try another wrist strap it would be the like mike. I like the trigger placement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.