Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either your season is already here are fixing to start so I just wanted to remind all the ladies that safety comes first!! Women usually get hurt when climbing up or descending from their stand so take extra time and precaution! I know that when Shawn or my dad set up my stands, sometimes they don't take into consideration how much shorter my legs are than theirs. I use to just let it go and scale the tree to get into my stand, now I say NO!! I make them change it, add pegs, etc!!

Be safe, take your time, and go kill sumtin'!!!

·
Archery is a Passion...
3,015 Posts
Man-Safety...

I know why you directed this to the women on this site.... because when you are a man, you ignore safety rules or you might be called a sissy...

just kidding, good point and don't fall asleep in your stand. saw a buddy after he fell asleep and woke up on the ground, and its wasn't pretty...

good hunting is safe hunting, I agree.

thenson

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
I totally agree. When my hubby puts in steps they are giant and far apart. I really fuss on him about that. He doesn't understand that I don't take these giant steps like he does. I try to use my climbing stand as much as possible even though I HATE to carry it!!! That way I can climb as slow as I want and he won't be around to hear me fuss and complain!!! I love my climbing stand because it has a bar that is around me and makes me feel safer. I use a safety harness and have fallen asleep many times.....I know it isn't safe to do that but man isn't that some good sleep!!!!

Stay safe everyone!!!!!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Slow and easy..

:wink: Well the main thing I say about goin slow and easy....I am affraid of heights, so that is the only way I get in and out of my stand.. Hubby use to laugh at me, but now he leaves me alone and I am gettin better at it. But I will not get into a stand without my safty harness either. I bought the new Hunter Safty System vest for this year. Well Season opens in a few days here, so lets see what happens.. Good luck ladies....

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree!!! My husband set up my stand. Thankfully it's a ladder stand so it was hard to screw that part up!!! However he fixed the bowholder so it was accessible for him (He's 6'5 and I'm 5'4). I can barely reach the bow holder much less try to get my bow off of it without spooking a deer...so I just sat there with my bow in my lap for 5 hours. It was my first time in a stand and I had no clue how to fix it...I made him show me when he came back to pick me up!!!

Funny side note: Many stands have this nice little foot rest, since my husband was in my stand before me, he had folded it back...I sat there for 5 hours with only my tip toes touching the platform or scooting all the way forward on the seat when my knees would start to hurt...because I didn't know about the darn foot rest!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts