Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I for one hope the OAA does not follow suit on this, we finally have some continuity between discipline's and they do this?????

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Just confirmed with the OAA President that the OAA will not be following the new AC rules changes for the 2015 year, how ever if you shoot the AC regional indoors those rules will be inplace name changes and all

·
Registered
519 Posts
So this means pins and open divisions now score inner ten? Or just the compound class? What does this mean for records of so? In the garbage and they start new.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
So this means pins and open divisions now score inner ten? Or just the compound class? What does this mean for records of so? In the garbage and they start new.
Looks that way, wording is any compound type bow division, AC doesn't have an Open division like the OAA. The others are a rename of current ones, BHO gets renamed Compound Unlimited etc. This has me wondering why this was needed, Ac has wanted to use IBO categories or as close as possible and now this. I think AC might be moving towards using WA classes for everything not sure but looks like it to me

·
Registered
519 Posts
I really don't get it, how many people here have the money to travel to Europe to shoot, we boarder with the U.S. And they have some of the biggest indoor shoots in the world so why no align with them? I get it WA has a following but anyone shooting it from North America is usually a paid pro with some or all expenses covered. I know it's how we get funded but not all archers are trying to a pro level or shoot in Europe so why not just keep the compound class for that, like it was?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
ac has always followed the European world fita whatever the name is....usa sends no one we don`t send anyone...you pay your own way ...sad story eh....I think 5 or 6 went..its a vacation with a tournament...

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
The Americans sent a really strong team to the WA World field champs this year. I'm a big fan of WA events over NFAA that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I really don't get it, how many people here have the money to travel to Europe to shoot, we boarder with the U.S. And they have some of the biggest indoor shoots in the world so why no align with them? I get it WA has a following but anyone shooting it from North America is usually a paid pro with some or all expenses covered. I know it's how we get funded but not all archers are trying to a pro level or shoot in Europe so why not just keep the compound class for that, like it was?
Not sure if that's the case or not, but using the IBO equipment and names was the best fit IMO, simple...maybe it was to simple, certainly would like to at least hear the rational for this

·
Registered
48 Posts
Found this from link http://www.archerycanada.ca/judging-and-rules/1708-rule-changes-20142015--summary#inner10indoor

Indoor rounds inner-10 scoring for all compound categories

The scoring of indoor 18m Round and the 25m Round for all compound bow categories has been made consistent – they all score the inner 10 (compound target).

This includes the Compound Division, Compound Unlimited Division (former BHO), Compound Fixed Pin Division (former BHR), (Hunter Division).
This includes all age classes;
AC 7.2.2.3 WA 7.2.2.3 applies to all other Divisions shooting the compound bow (except Para W1).

AC Note: The Para-archery W1 category still shoots the outer (recurve target) 10 zone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts