Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received my long awaited Inno X-Lite. I'm trying to replace the stock grip and put a Jager grip on the bow. After removing the 2 screws, I'm having trouble removing the grip. I've used lots of hand power and a bicycle tire lever. Man, I'd hate to scratch the riser right out of the gate, without ever having loosed an arrow. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I shoot my inno off the riser...

And the grip took a bit of prying to get off but keep at it, it will come up. Maybe try wrapping a regular head screwdriver in masking tape and slip it up under the bottom of the grip (heel side) to pry up?

Coll

Love the Jager grips, I just didn't keep mine... No really. I shoot off the riser because it feels way better than that grip. If you want a black and white one, give me a holler.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The grips are pressure fit on the risers I think...all of mine have been difficult to remove. best way is to try and go for a downward swing motion. That is...pressing down, try to pull the bottom of the grip away.

Another suggestion...get a friend. Have him/her hold the riser, you take the grip and pull.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The grips are pressure fit on the risers I think...all of mine have been difficult to remove. best way is to try and go for a downward swing motion. That is...pressing down, try to pull the bottom of the grip away.

Another suggestion...get a friend. Have him/her hold the riser, you take the grip and pull.
If possible, please do this in front of a filled kiddie pool, assorted deck furniture and film it. Please post to youtube.

-Andrew

·
Registered
985 Posts
If possible, please do this in front of a filled kiddie pool, assorted deck furniture and film it. Please post to youtube.

-Andrew
I can't wait to see that video

·
Registered
548 Posts

-Andrew

Yes, should've mentioned that part. While you're at it, do this atop a trampoline and just add in Spangler's suggestion from there. :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've just received my long awaited Inno X-Lite. I'm trying to replace the stock grip and put a Jager grip on the bow. After removing the 2 screws, I'm having trouble removing the grip. I've used lots of hand power and a bicycle tire lever. Man, I'd hate to scratch the riser right out of the gate, without ever having loosed an arrow. Any suggestions?

I to immediately wanted to remove the grip to see how the bow felt without it. I prefer without or make my own grip.

I gave up fairly quickly for fear of scratching the riser during removal of removal/damage to some or all of the finish under the grip.

I have gotten use to the factory grip and it and I get along quite well actually.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I got the darn thing off. Technically my wife got the grip off. Yes, I hand the pickle jars to her. Better than my tripping over the lawn furniture into the kiddie pool.
BTW, it took a straight back motion.

·
Registered
967 Posts
S you let your wife trip over the lawn furniture on the trampoline into the kiddie pool filled with piranhas? You cruel, cruel man...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Please, please tell me this is on film.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts