Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird Happenings. I removed my Cat Whiskers and now my Allegiance is much quieter. Not just a little, but a lot. (I've had a Double Sts for a while, so I don't think that is it). Another interesting fact is that my arrows are now hitting 1.5" right at 20 yards. I've seen some odd stuff and this is ranking up there with it. I wouldn't think that it would make the bow quieter and affect the point of Impact of my arrows. Anyone care to offer up a logical explanation, other than me being on an extreme sugar rush?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Anyone care to offer up a logical explanation, other than me being on an extreme sugar rush?[/QUOTE]

That is funny.....can I use that?:ROFLMAO:
Seriously, I put some whiskers on my XT and it picked up a noisy swooshing sound. Didn't really notice until I took them back off for some reason..Put some back on and there was definitely a difference.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Feel free to use whatever I say on here. Consider it "open source". I vaguely remember having to tighten my stabilizer after I shot the last time. that may have been it. Who knows.:wink:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hmmmm.....

I recently put an STS on for one of my customers. He also had cat whiskers on his bow. After installing the STS, I asked him to shoot the bow just to see what the results were. After his first shot, all I heard was the whiskers slapping around. So I asked him if I could remove the whiskers....did so....and waa-laa ...dead quiet! He also had a little shot displacement. Only thing I can think of is, taking the whiskers off allows the string to shoot w/o any resistance....sounds stupid... but who knows???:confused:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Biggamehunter73 said:
I recently put an STS on for one of my customers. He also had cat whiskers on his bow. After installing the STS, I asked him to shoot the bow just to see what the results were. After his first shot, all I heard was the whiskers slapping around. So I asked him if I could remove the whiskers....did so....and waa-laa ...dead quiet! He also had a little shot displacement. Only thing I can think of is, taking the whiskers off allows the string to shoot w/o any resistance....sounds stupid... but who knows???:confused:

I'll shoot through the chronograph on friday and see if it makes a difference in speed.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
EricO i just went out back and removed my catwiskers and shot 3 in. to the right at 40yrds. dont know what that means? but thought i would share.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Biggamehunter73 said:
I also have an sts on my bow as well. This does make sense, the whiskers would really get slapped around when the sts stops the string cold. JMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts