Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of going back and forth on which weight inserts to go with on a new set of Easton Axis arrows. If you have the standard aluminum HIT inserts installed and decide later to try a 50 gr. brass insert instead, is there anyway to remove the old inserts, or do you just have to buy new shafts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Screw in a field tip and heat with torch until hot enough to pull insert. Clean everything afterwards and put new inserts in.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If you used the two part epoxy there's a 99.9% chance you will destroy the shaft getting the insert out.

When messing around with inserts on the axis shafts is best to use a small dot of cheap super glue so you can knock them out afterwards.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've had no such luck, I shoved a brass insert in the nock side with some super glue on it and had good success with the shafts but I don't know if it would mess up spin testing the arrows. I got a good paper tear with them and got good accuracy out to fifty yards. I'm sure they wouldn't live up to some expectations but did good enough for me. Next arrows I buy will get the brass inserts from the get go. I can't say I got better accuracy with the improved foc but added more weight to shaft without loosing accuracy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts