Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a safe, easy, effective way to remove serving from the string? For some reason ABB thinks they need to serve like 4 inches for the string stop, and I ditched the vibracheck and got a vibekiller and the stopper doesn't even contact the served area. So I'm gonna re do it.

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
Best to have bow in press. Some pressure on limbs.

I use a carpet knife. Needless to say make sure you are going parallel to the string. Not too hard.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Start at one end. Which one is your choice. Cut parallel to the string with a new, very sharp single edge razor blade. All you need is a steady hand. I do it all the time.

·
Breathn
12,516 Posts
Is there a safe, easy, effective way to remove serving from the string? For some reason ABB thinks they need to serve like 4 inches for the string stop, and I ditched the vibracheck and got a vibekiller and the stopper doesn't even contact the served area. So I'm gonna re do it.
reason they put 4 in is because if someone puts the string on the + or - post on the top cam the sts serving position moves up or down..so the amount they put on is so it will be covered for the cam peg adjustment...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Breathn, thanks for clearing that up, that makes total sense. And thanks for the suggestions guys, I knew it was probably alot simpler than I was thinking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts