Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mate that has a martin phantom fusion his problem is that the cable module has a tight corner on it and the cable thins out at that spot. he has to replace the cables quit offen is this right ?

1) is martin going to change this, I thought that martin when to wide track cams this fusion has skinny's like that of the old sonic wheels

2) remedy's anyone :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
cable problem

Hey ozzyarchery,

I have a Martin Cougar 2000 w/ Fusion cam and was conderned with similar problem. I am not sure whether all draw length modules installed have or produce a similar problem, but for what it's worth, I have a longer draw module: 31" that is an "F-5" and it does "thin" the serving a bit on my buss cable.
However, I have the same cable on it as when it was bought, and never had the cam to wear completely through the serving,...yet...having said all that please allow me to offer these suggestions.
Your friend might check to see that his cable guard is not offset too far to the right-side, i.e. pulling the harness too far over when the bow is drawn. He could also reserve his buss cable with a tighter tension on the serving tool and being sure he twisted the buss cable, (upon re-installing and adjusting cam orientation/rollover), in the same direction that he served the cable end.
He might want to think about changing the cable alltogether to a custom made cable...like a Winners Choice...but that is gonna cost some serious $$$. Just might be money well spent.
Hope that this helps.
bowtinkerer :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bow tinkerer

Thanks for your thoughts I'll look into the cable gard

I shoot a martin fury xrg and since I increased the number of strands in my buss cables I don't have the thinning problem or may be I've learnt the serve up my cables better anyway I was thinking that the problem mite be solved by useing the new thinner gauge sting materials (s4 thin and the new 450+ thin) mite roll over that corner a litte easier what do you think ?

is anyone out there useing the new stuff ? would like some feed back

I know s4 is tough found out one day that I was shoot my bow with only 6 strands the other 6 had broken and that was @ 70#

·
Registered
795 Posts
:( I have had similar problems on Champion solo cams with their narrow tracks. I cut out the worn serving and tie it off in both directions, then install SERVING SAVER on the part of the cable that wears. It's very expensive. That's why I only replace the area that wears. So far it holds up very well. Champion now uses SERVING SAVER for the whole serving on their solo cables. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1iarrowking

I'm very interested in the serving saver you mentioned but can't find it on the net

who makes it, where can I get it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts