Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smashed a nock today, perfect pile drive with one 450 gr 2214 X7 into another. The offending arrow bounced straight back and was lying on the ground - had driven the victim 6 inches deeper into the target.

Aside from a "belled" super-uni bushing, the victim shaft is still straight and the same diameter. It would be nice to replace the bushing and use the arrow again.

I tried in vain to melt it out. Is there a way to remove the deformed bushing and replace it with a new one?

Scott

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Beezar, I have done that quite a few times, thats why I switched from the camo hunters....less destructed shafts!:D Anyway, I just heat the end up good with a lighter while slowly spinning the shaft and then pull the bushing out with a pair of pliers. Allways worked good for me. The new one will go in better if you put it in the freezer for 30 minuets before you install it. The cold will contract it just a bit and make inatallation easier. Works good for ball joints on old Chevys too.:p Good Luck. PS, wipe the frost off with a dry rag before putting your glue on the bushing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I stick the tip of a hot soldering gun in the opening of the inserts and leave it for about 45-60 seconds, then pull the hot insert out with a pair of pliers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts