Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 Allegiance that I need a replacement cable slide and want to know if anybody has replaced one on their Allegiance and if so what they used. I'm switching it out because I'm having some clearance issues with my Vanetec HP's and figure the easiest fix is to swap the cable slide. Rotating the nock helped some but I'm still getting contact on the arrow holder. I tried a Saunders and the cables are vitually touching with only the slightest sliver of daylight showing between them. You guys think this will be OK? There isn't much clearance at all, but there is some. It is probably about half a business card which isn't much. I'm worried that at some point during the draw or shot they are going to rub or touch a little and eventually cause wear. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I've got a 2006 Allegiance that I need a replacement cable slide and want to know if anybody has replaced one on their Allegiance and if so what they used. I'm switching it out because I'm having some clearance issues with my Vanetec HP's and figure the easiest fix is to swap the cable slide. Rotating the nock helped some but I'm still getting contact on the arrow holder. I tried a Saunders and the cables are vitually touching with only the slightest sliver of daylight showing between them. You guys think this will be OK? There isn't much clearance at all, but there is some. It is probably about half a business card which isn't much. I'm worried that at some point during the draw or shot they are going to rub or touch a little and eventually cause wear. Any help would be appreciated.
Could you just rotate the arrow very slightly? Like not turn it all the way left, but just a couple of degrees then you could buy an eighth of an inch. Me... I just let them hit the cables for now. Not the best solution though, so I'll be watching this thread. I've read that the saunders pulls the cables the furthest of any slide.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the Sims slide on my 06 allegiance and have no problem clearing 2" blazers

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you just rotate the arrow very slightly? Like not turn it all the way left, but just a couple of degrees then you could buy an eighth of an inch. Me... I just let them hit the cables for now. Not the best solution though, so I'll be watching this thread. I've read that the saunders pulls the cables the furthest of any slide.
I did rotate the arrow a little and I did get barely enough clearance but then ran into an issue of my riser side vane pointing down a little more than it did initially and hitting my arrow holder. Ideally, there is something that is a happy medium between the stock slide and the Saunders.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
There is a guy selling sims slides in the older style package for $6.90 shipped. Has 7 left, because I just snagged one. :)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might just have to give the sims a try then. I picked up the Saunders from Cabelas so I'll probably just take back the Saunders and try the Sims. I was standing in front of all of them yesterday at Cabelas wondering which to buy. Guess is should have asked the question yesterday. :embara:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts