Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you using for rope? Do you think paracord would be strong enough? Thank you

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
I use braided lawnmower starter cord purchased by foot at Fleet store.

·
Huntoholic
10,772 Posts
That Amsteel won't deteriorate in cold and heat, UV won't weaken it, won't rot from moisture, wears like steel, limp as a shoe string, it's freek'n tough chit @ 5400 lbs. breaking strength fer the 3/16", and last. you can buy it by the foot.

·
Bringer of truth
14,911 Posts
i would not use any para chute cord for this application

·
Huntoholic
10,772 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3mm-per-10-...ike-Spectra-/351349665966?hash=item51ce1270ae

This is what I used. NO stretch and you could tow a car with it. I tried the chainsaw cord and had way too much stretch for me.
This is the same line as the Amsteel Blue from Redden Marine, only twice the cost, 10' from Redden Marine is $2.92 for the same amount in the 3mm or 1/8" size,,, I would suggest using larger than the 3mm, but you won't have to worry about it breaking, I just like knowing if uncocking like I do with the Excaliburs with all the friction, it will last as long as the bow,,,

·
Catty Shack
12,411 Posts

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
Ha ha I would not do that to brother catter. Besides I heard his area has some shady police if they pulled guns on him in his own driveway I could see if they saw me in his area with all my tattoo's.

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is the same line as the Amsteel Blue from Redden Marine, only twice the cost, 10' from Redden Marine is $2.92 for the same amount in the 3mm or 1/8" size,,, I would suggest using larger than the 3mm, but you won't have to worry about it breaking, I just like knowing if uncocking like I do with the Excaliburs with all the friction, it will last as long as the bow,,,
Yeah plus $8 shipping. Makes mine a little cheaper. Barely got the 3mm slid through the clear plastic sleeve that reduces the friction cocking or uncocking. If you are not going to use that I guess you could use 1/4"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts