Archery Talk Forum banner

Replacement Wally World box seal??

743 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  HunterTom
Do you guys know if anybody make a replacement seal for the large Walmart box?
I am thinking of using a large walmart box for my next build, but am not real confident in the seal. On my first build I replaced the seal on a Pelican 1040 with one that various suppliers offer.

Are there options for the walmart boxes?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,663 Posts
I don't know about a replacement but I haven't had a problem with my small boxes seals. On one I did run a bead of Goop along the inside and laid the seal on it as a just in case measure and ran a cloth on the other side with Goop (basically wiped it on) just so I would feel more confident..

· Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't know if he is on this site or not but Bowgod over at Hags house replaces his wally box seals. I don't know how or with what. Maybe get in touch with him and ask. I know my first one i used the seal dried and cracked on it so i switched to a different kind of box.

· Registered
974 Posts
you can pour your own seals, i have a few wally boxes, just make sure to keep an eye on the seal and when in doubt replace it.

· Registered
974 Posts
i havent had any crack yet, so ive never done it. ive seen some posts on hagshouse about it.

· Registered
974 Posts
i have seen people use pelican replacement rope seals like you can get from the suppliers as replacements. i like to put a little goop under the original seal to make it close a little tighter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.