Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Hope you are all well. As I said in the title - I have to replace the center serving and I have no idea what material to use. Stock seemed good for my Easton Fatboys with G Nocks.

I figure nylon is not my top choice - was considering .022" diamondback but have read some folks think it's too think. My pro-shop doesnt know Martin, and aren't the nicest to folks to those who don't buy from them.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gotta have center serving to shoot, so in the absence of any advice (no big deal - nobody seems to know much about this Hammerhead String, or stock center serving material), just decided to bite it and go with .022 diamondback.

Watched a few center-serving vids where folks put a strand of serving material under bcy #62xs .021 serving string to make it thicker. So I'm making an educated guess that it will work.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would call martin and see what size they use. If i were to guess i would say its .019. I prefer halo serving to all the others i have tried plus if you get the white serving it goes pretty transparent which i think looks pretty cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts