Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 PSE Dream Season. For two years the draw length has been barely too long. Is it possible for me to upgrade the cams to this year's UF cams at the correct draw length on my 2008 bow? Anyone have any idea on the cost? What sort of problems arise?

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
It's not just a simple cam change. You will have to figure out what string and cables lengths you will need and if the limbs you have will even have the proper defection to give you the poundage you want. Cost???????? I'm going to say in the end about half of what new bow would be, figuring cams, axles, string, cables trial and error.:wink:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll start saving and deal with it for a couple more years.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
get the correct DL mods!

"barely too long"....that's not good!
for a lot less than $20 you can have a whole NEW [feeling] bow! It is amazing what the CORRECT draw length will do for you!
I'm going to say that if you are shooting your bow even with only a 'little' too much DL then you are not enjoying all the accuracy and form your bow CAN deliver!
I made the mistake [somehow] of shooting a bow for years with an inch too much DL...then someone correctly set me up with MY DL. Wow what a difference.

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
"barely too long"....that's not good!
for a lot less than $20 you can have a whole NEW [feeling] bow! It is amazing what the CORRECT draw length will do for you!
I'm going to say that if you are shooting your bow even with only a 'little' too much DL then you are not enjoying all the accuracy and form your bow CAN deliver!
I made the mistake [somehow] of shooting a bow for years with an inch too much DL...then someone correctly set me up with MY DL. Wow what a difference.
Agree 100%. I would change the modules out to 1" shorter first, a ton less money and you will find the bow much easier to shoot. Always better on the short side than the long side. Besides these bows always tened to draw long to begin with.:wink:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm interested in the term barely too long?
Too short now that to me is a big problem with the bow arm being improperly bend and therefore unstable.
Are you talking 1/8" are you shooting a release and if so which one?

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
I have a 2008 PSE Dream Season. For two years the draw length has been barely too long. Is it possible for me to upgrade the cams to this year's UF cams at the correct draw length on my 2008 bow? Anyone have any idea on the cost? What sort of problems arise?
if youre draw is a little long for you then i suggest you put it in the - post that will shorten it down 3/8 inch.hope that helps

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
I'm interested in the term barely too long?
Too short now that to me is a big problem with the bow arm being improperly bend and therefore unstable.
Are you talking 1/8" are you shooting a release and if so which one?
Having set up many people with many different bows over the past 10 years----short is a ton less problems that even a hedge on the long side.:wink: Sorry but have to really disagree with your statement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts