Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sold a hogernot to a local guy three months ago asked him two months ago if he had a plan on how/or when he was going to pay. he gave me his surelock challenger for partial payment still owes $200 now im tired of waiting should i give him his sight back and repo mine or keep it and wait in good faith?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He owes the archery store mony for his bow also. now im feeling uneasy about the deal.

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
I would try to find out when he is going to be using it and take him his deposit and take your item back, if he still wants your item then he would have to come with the total amount.
I would not tell him that you plan on taking it back, its amazing how poeple don't seem to have the item any more when you give them warning that you plan on taking it back. They always have some excuse for not having it, so and so is trying it out, I am having it fixed because it was broken when I got it from you, they always tend to have more excuses then I did when I was in school and didn't have my home work done and ready to be turned in when it should have been.

Good luck

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I'd take it back, i hate people that owe money and don't pay up when it was a friend kind of deal, especially when you cut him a break by taking an item for down payment instead of cash.

Thats why I never loan money to friends and never ask for money for friends.

·
Registered
10,993 Posts
I wouldn't even have given it to him in the first place without payment in full. REPO it man!!!!!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Give him his sight back, and repo yours. He obviously has no integrity, and doesn't deserve your charity and patience.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I wrapped & fletched 3 dozen arrows for a real good friend 1 time told him i would do them for $40 well he picked up the arrows & said he would pay me on friday when he got paid i said that was fine. Well 3 weeks went by with him avoiding my phone calls & voicemail's then i ran into his wife & she said that he had just went to cabelas & spent over $1000 for hunting season so i decided to drop by his house unexcpected & when he came to the door i said im here to get my cash & right off the bat he was a smart***** & threatened to whoop my ***** if i didnt leave well needless to say i lost a good friend & the feeling in my right hand for a few hours.:becky: :boxing:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
indiana ******* said:
I wrapped & fletched 3 dozen arrows for a real good friend 1 time told him i would do them for $40 well he picked up the arrows & said he would pay me on friday when he got paid i said that was fine. Well 3 weeks went by with him avoiding my phone calls & voicemail's then i ran into his wife & she said that he had just went to cabelas & spent over $1000 for hunting season so i decided to drop by his house unexcpected & when he came to the door i said im here to get my cash & right off the bat he was a smart***** & threatened to whoop my ***** if i didnt leave well needless to say i lost a good friend & the feeling in my right hand for a few hours.:becky: :boxing:

That was funny :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I learned a long time ago that the best way to ruin a friendship is to do special favors, especially when it involves money! If I'm selling something to a friend, or doing a service that I expect payment for, It's payment up front or I'm not doing it. When a friend gives me the "I'll pay ya next week" line, I let them know as politely as I can that I can't do that because I value their friendship and don't want to risk it over money.
I lost a long time and very good friend over a loan. This friend had never asked me for a thing until he got into a bit of trouble and needed $2000 for a lawyer. I reluctantly loaned him the money. I let the repayment deadline pass by 6 months and asked him why he had not made good on the loan. His reply was that I was well off and didn't need it!
I told him that I was not going to let him rob me without a gun and that I was not going to jail for kicking his butt either. I finally filed legal action and got paid before the court date.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts