Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does your state know what/how many deer were harvested??
&
Who really does it??

In NY it seems that you have to call an 800 number. I will be making the call if I'm able to harvest one.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Pa

In PA you're suppose to send a Harvest Report Card, but most people don't. Then the guesstimate the harvest based on the amount of card recieved. Not very accurate, but not sure how close or hwo far off it is. In WV and Ohio they have check stations

·
Bowhunter
5,202 Posts
In Connecticut you need to send in a postcard with details of the deer - sex, weight, points, etc.

If the deer is taken during gun season it must be taken to a deer check station, where they will fill out the card, collect them, and send them in at the very end of the season.

My check station told me last year the state waited until summer to ask for the cards. I have not seen harvest data published by CT for a few years now and my guess is that the aggregatino of all the data gets a very low level of effort at the state level - thanks to budget problems, I'm sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In Missouri you are supposed to go online or call in with the telephone to check in your deer. I think there are too many "********" in this state that purposely forget to call in and then just not worry about tagging the deer. :mad:

Also, ever year there is a near record harvest which I know is bull crap becuase last year we had all them damn acorns and they tried to say it was another near record year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts