Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell, I am looking into purchasing my first bow in the next few months. I found a range/shop that I really like and am thus confining my options to what they sell.
I am about 5'6" and 115 lb, and have taken a few lessons. All have been on a 20lb bow, I'm going to try 25 on my next go, so I am also looking only at bows that start at 20 or 24lbs. The options are...

Greatree Firefox 62"
Greatree Advantage
Ragim Wildcat 62"
Ragim Matrix 62"
PSE Razorback 62"
Fuse Focus 62"
There are also some Hoyt, but I don't know the specific ones.

I am sure they will guide me through my purchase, but I would like to go in with some idea of what I'm looking for. They also have an excellent warranty/care policy, so I don't want to purchase online. I will go with their recommendation on arrows, but does anyone have any that they like for beginners with low draw weights?

·
Registered
652 Posts
try several ilf limb bows then when you want heaver limbs no problem don't over think it ,, it's just a stick and string the archer makes it happen

·
sometimes reality hurts
3,480 Posts
I am about 5'6" and 115 lb, and have taken a few lessons. All have been on a 20lb bow, I'm going to try 25 on my next go, so I am also looking only at bows that start at 20 or 24lbs.
don't buy anything yet. you'll find a 24lb bow to be a toy in a few months. everyone went through this, myself included - a 20lb bow nearly killed me first time out. I was drawing a 40lb compound like chest expanders yesterday afternoon to check the limb stops because I didn't have a mirror.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts