Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Blendin the Bush
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need your help.

Do any of you have one lying around. I just did a rest swap and the bolt I get is stripped and drilled out at the head.

Went to the hardware store to try to replace it and could not find anything.

So do you have one you could spare?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Personally, I don't have one, but I had a similar problem for my dads bow, when I lost his bolt. Went to Bass Pro, and they had drawers and drawers of them. And they were free. If you have any sort of local shop or gander mountain, or bass pro/cabelas, they usually have tons of extras laying around, and they don't usually charge. Could probably call them up and have one for ya in no time.

·
Registered
51,095 Posts
???????? Any hardware should have a bolt----they are very, very common. 5/16 x 24 thread. If you have a local shop they should have plenty of them laying around,

·
Blendin the Bush
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i got a bolt on the way. It was a simple mistake and got it taken care of.

I scoured the hardware store for 20 minutes. To be 100% honest i was very surprised because they have everything in there and i am not exaggerating.

Just not the 24 thread. So i even went and checked out the metric a M8 x 1.0 is almost the exact same bolt a little tighter in tolerance but threaded in very well. Still had everything but no M8 x 1.0. Go figure.

·
Banned
9,842 Posts
Hey guys I need your help.

Do any of you have one lying around. I just did a rest swap and the bolt I get is stripped and drilled out at the head.

Went to the hardware store to try to replace it and could not find anything.

So do you have one you could spare?
Go to the nearest fastenal store. I guarantee they will have what your looking for

1 - 6 of 6 Posts