Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first time posting. I have a 2013 PSE Brute X ( gift from wife) set at 65 lbs 27 in draw length shooting 27.5 inch Carbon Express mutiny 350 at a total arrow mass of 351.6 grain with 2 inch Blazer vanes. I am on my 4 th rest. WB tearing up vanes, Fuse drop away didn't fit with my cable guide, quick tune 360 great shooting but kept falling off wont work for stalking. now have the trophy ridge revolution. all have been set up by the local bow shop. like the rev but i have marks on the rest from fletching. bow shop said that i cant use my blazer vanes with this rest. I remember the advertisement stating this rest will clear fobs. are blazer vanes bigger than fobs. also no place within a 150 miles will paper tune the bow. i am attaching a pic and maybe if i can figure it out a video of the rest movement. any help would be appreciated. I cant attach the pics or video will have to wait till the wife is home or i find a 5 year old running around that understands computers
:embara:

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
So, your local bow shop that sets these rests up for you will not paper tune? Seriously, that local bow shop does not know what they are doing. Every rest you mentioned should work great for your bow. Even the Fuse rest if the local shop would know enough that you have to use the extra shim that they send in the package to clear the cable slide. Whisker biskets won't tear up vanes quickly if the bow is tuned properly and the vanes on the arrow are lined up correctly. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk on the phone some time when you have some tools in your hand and we'll go over setting up a rest and tuning your bow properly. Another thing you might want to try is tell us the area that you live in. There's a good chance that an AT member on here is close and would be willing help you out some. Welcome to AT

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yea, if that shop can't paper tune for you, you need to find a new shop.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
the reason they are telling you they won't paper tune it, is probably because it does no good for someone to paper tune someone else's bow. they have probably done that and been there, and the customer has come back proclaiming that they didn't know what they're doing. shops don't like to put themselves in that position, it opens them up to unjust bad reference, so they simply refuse to paper tune a customer's bow.
theyare right in doing that,.....it is best, that you paper tune it yourself, anyways. I don't particularly care to let a shop work on my stuff, but they are justified in this instance.....at least that's my opinion.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Ron is kinda correct. Most shops will have you shoot it through paper to get it set properly. They do this so they will know that it is working properly before it goes out the door and to assure you that it is working properly before you go out the door. They may not do a whole lot of other fine tuning to the bow, (unless you pay extra) but they should at minimum, have you shoot it through paper. Like I said earlier, all those rests you mentioned should work just fine if properly set up.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I guess that's what I was meaning to say. They should be willing to let YOU shoot it through paper until it's right, and if they aren't, find a new shop.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I shoot a DNA and a stinger 3G, mostly with blazer vanes on CE mayhems or gold tip velocities. Both clear fine on a TR revolution. Knock an arrow and verify that it's perfectly centered with the alignment marks by pulling the cord with your hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will PM you noresman give me a couple days i work 12 hour shifts then have farm chores when i get home. It will probably be Sunday afternoon or evening. As for paper tuning my self it looks complicated. I did set up the fuse by myself and couldn't get it to work i didn't see a shim in the packaging so i took it back to the shop and they readjusted it and said it wouldn't work so thinking i did something wrong i had them put on the revolution. Soul Stealer are you talking the alignment marks on the bow for center shot is dead on the mark right below the mounting bolt is even but below the arrow about a 1/4 inch. Oh and i live in Silt Colorado mile post 97 on I 70

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I am going to pm, to you, my phone number. Sometime Sunday sounds good to me. It'll take some time, but I think we can get you through some tough times and get you shootin' straight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts